13 replies to this topic

#1 jat543

jat543

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

hey guys, im lovin all the new sections on p2l, but i would prefer if u guys moved the gallery and that whole design sectio back to the top of the page, thats the only part i visit and i usually bookmark the forum home and since it used to be up top i could easily see if something new wsa posted, i dunno if anyone else agrees but thats just my opinion on it\

ps, 100 post hehe :)

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

Hi jat543,

Its not a new layout I'm just re-arranging the Forum to get ready for the new layout.

Faken has the final say in what goes where here this is his nest not mine, but we have noticed a lot miss the important topics Forum Rules and news section thats why they have been moved to the very top so new members can find them easily.

Don't get too comfortable yet there will be many more alterations so just sit back and enjoy the ride :)

#3 xreasontoblame

xreasontoblame

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Metal

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:05 PM

hey guys, im lovin all the new sections on p2l, but i would prefer if u guys moved the gallery and that whole design sectio back to the top of the page, thats the only part i visit and i usually bookmark the forum home and since it used to be up top i could easily see if something new wsa posted, i dunno if anyone else agrees but thats just my opinion on it\

I agree with that, but if I were a new member as donna said, I would extremely prefer what is at the top as of now for help's sake, you can't just jump into a large forum like this :P !

#4 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

this new layout also makes admins jobs easier (but you guys don't get to see that part :))

#5 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Client Management, Web Hosting, Tutorial Writing

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

I agree with Jay, man was scrolling to the bottom a pain, *phew*

#6 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:09 PM

Oh don't worry, I'll be tearing through this :)

Faken

#7 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:15 PM

its about time :P

yea, maybe have like, a welcome section at the top with just "Forum Rules" and "FAQ and Support" in it and then move the gallery etc right underneath that (the "general" section that is)...idk, im just pumped for the new layout, its gonna be sweeet

#8 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Client Management, Web Hosting, Tutorial Writing

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

Oh great, more scrolling again, sigh... :P j/k

Hehe Bird, no one can wait... I am sure it must be sexy :). I like your idea of the new members category.

#9 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:58 PM

Oh don't worry, I'll be tearing through this :)

Faken

^_^ I think it looks pretty functional lol

#10 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

Ok i like it now. Nice job. Also noticed some other little things. Mods and admins names now are different colors like in PHpbb (cool).

Oh and new user groups i see....

#11 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:24 PM

like it better already! but still...i think the galleries should be higher up...i mean...this is a graphics website and that (i think) should be a prominent part of it...good stuff however...def gettin pumped for v2!!!!!

#12 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:49 PM

Its really upto Faken to go through now & have a better look, personally if the Galleries are moved any higher then we go back to members posting sigs in the wrong area & I know myself I spend more time here moving topics into correct Forums or removing HUGE over sized sig banners than anything else.

#13 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:20 PM

yea...didnt think of that...thatwas actually getting really annoying, just opening threads and seeing sigs in the gallery...i didnt even have to clean them up or anyting...i guess that makes sense...

#14 Apache

Apache

P2L Jedi

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

k i still am gettin uused to this new ayout, the first time i saw it i was like WTF!!!! but then i took some renolin and calmed down, and now im likin it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users