4 replies to this topic

#1 davidb2002

davidb2002

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

I have managed to dynamically create an FLVPlayback with AS3 that will dynamically load an flv file. However, I now receive the unwanted effect that when the video is loaded in, the skin of hte player scales down to fit the video. What I want it to do is scale the video to fit the skin's screen, BUT to keep the aspect ratio of the flv.

So for instance, if I have a video that is 300x100 and my skin's screen is 600x600, the video should scale up to 600x300 (not 600x600).

At the moment, with the same example, the video would stay at 300x100 and the skin would scale down to 300x100.

Thanks for any help!

#2 austen

austen

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Interests:Web design, snowboarding (lots of it), Computer science related.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:01 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you're after here? As far as I know you'd have to re-encode the FLV on the fly to change its size.. I've never done that (not sure if it's even possible)... and with the time it takes to encode FLV's as it is, it might not be very efficient?

I could be incorrect but i'm not sure that you can do this without Flash Media Server. (on-the-fly flv encoding that is)

Good luck,

-austen :)

#3 davidb2002

davidb2002

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:56 AM

What I mean is that I have an flvplayback player scaled for standard video reatio (4:3). However, I want to place widescreen as well in a letter box (16:9). I need the player not to resize to the video, but to add black bars (letterbox) the widescreen videos.

#4 austen

austen

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

David,
Turns out i don't have access to actionscript 3 at home yet, but i'm downloading a trial right now, I'll post an example when Its done.

-austen :)

Edited by austen, 04 December 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#5 austen

austen

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

David, have you figured out your problem yet? If not i can now help you solve this, It's actually quite simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users