#1 nigelgjones

nigelgjones

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

I created an mp3 player using FunkySouls great tute. Thnaks very much. Its all great but I need to have an option where the player loads paused.

When new people come to index.html the player will start automatically then they can turn it off if they want too. Trouble is every new page they visit they will have to turn the music off each time. That will p*** people off I think.

If they turn it off once they will expect it to stay off.

So I thought if I had one version of the player playing auto and then on all other pages have it paused. As they navigate the site they will recognise the player they have just turned off (as it is in the same place on each page and then have the option to turn it back on again if they wish to.)

So I need a version of the player paused at start up.

Can anyone help? I bet its real easy but Im pretty thick. I need some code to stick somewhere.

Another thing! Is it possible to have the songlist NOT play randomly each time a page is opened But always start at the first song or something.

All in all though a great tute thanks very much.

This is the site in development: Any help much appreciated.

http://homepage.mac....nes/Candy_Lane/

Kind Regards,

Nige

#2 nigelgjones

nigelgjones

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hi,

I created an mp3 player using FunkySouls great tute. Thnaks very much. Its all great but I need to have an option where the player loads paused.

When new people come to index.html the player will start automatically then they can turn it off if they want too. Trouble is every new page they visit they will have to turn the music off each time. That will p*** people off I think.

If they turn it off once they will expect it to stay off.

So I thought if I had one version of the player playing auto and then on all other pages have it paused. As they navigate the site they will recognise the player they have just turned off (as it is in the same place on each page and then have the option to turn it back on again if they wish to.)

So I need a version of the player paused at start up.

Can anyone help? I bet its real easy but Im pretty thick. I need some code to stick somewhere.

Another thing! Is it possible to have the songlist NOT play randomly each time a page is opened But always start at the first song or something.

All in all though a great tute thanks very much.

This is the site in development: Any help much appreciated.

http://homepage.mac....nes/Candy_Lane/

Kind Regards,

Nige

Hi, I found a solution: You remove this line of code

_root.sound_mc.songStarter(songfile[song_nr],songname[song_nr]);

And it stops auto play.

Still need to sort the random thing tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users