1 reply to this topic

#1 The-Legend

The-Legend

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:19 AM

Hello How is everyone. I have joined this site in search of more help where other sites dont seem to know about my queries. I run a MSN chatroom from home and have a site that has the ipb forum installed. But for members to login to the chatroom i have stripped Raven nuke as the chat module is designed for nuke not ipb and made the login possible for members so they can use a saved name instead of making one all the time. I am looking for a way to change the way the chat module queries the database and searches the login name but to make it search the ipb forum. As i have mentioned before this chat module is designed for php-nuke not ipb. I dont like the idea of having 2 seperate logins for members as on past sites i have had people actually complained about registering to different parts of the site.I know the ipb has a chatroom you can buy and install for it but the chat server i run from home is a msn chat server and i prefer to use that then a java based chatroom as members like the way msn designed their chatrooms. I have written to the designer of the msn chat module but after writing the email i went searching sites for help and come across a site with a post about the owner of the module not wanting to help the php-nuke community. So i decided to write on as many sites as i can to see is anyone is able to help out. I have a complete copy of the chat module if anyone wants a copy to go through I can upload it to my site and allow it for download if needed. If someone is able to help out I am more then happy to give all credit to them and display it on my site in any way possible. Tanks for listening and hope to hear from someone in the near future

#2 Chaos_Blader

Chaos_Blader

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

I would imagine php-nuke and ipb are VERY different forum boards and have very different database type. After a quick thought, I thought you could use ipbwi (http://ipbwi.com/) and set it up as follows -

1. User registers to site
2. Script automatically registers user with the same user/pass to php-nuke

Then on the chat script, instead of having php-nuke handle the log in, you use ibpwi to do so. After the user is logged on, you lookup their username and some "key" on the php-nuke database and automatically log them in.

Inefficient, but it works.

Edited by Chaos_Blader, 18 April 2009 - 05:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users