Photo

Illustrator problem arrow keys move object diagonally instead of left, right, up and down.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gathanderoth

Gathanderoth

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

OK not sure if I posted this in the right place but anyways.

The other day I Updated the adobe programs on my laptop by going into update in the help menu. Not sure if this problem is to do with the update but it happened after I updated so It could be related to the update.

After I updated the programs I went into illustrator and when it loaded I received an error. I can't exactly remember what the error said but I think it said workspace is corrupt I am not 100% sure.

Then when I try to move an object using the arrow keys instead of the object moving in the direction I press it moves diagonally instead. So if I press left arrow key the object should move left and when I press the right arrow key it should move right, same with up and down arrows but instead the object moves diagonally.

Also when I draw a shape, line, rectangle, circle ect I click and drag to draw the shape and when I do it will draw the shape on a diagonal 45 degrees instead of drawing it square/straight.

does anybody know what has happened? I haven't tried reinstalling illustrator yet, I am hoping I can fix this without having to uninstall and reinstall illustrator. Also all the other adobe programs that got updated work fine, it is just illustrator.

#2 cole_in_sb

cole_in_sb

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

Just experienced the same issue and did a quick search online to see if anyone else experienced this issue. This appears to be the only (easily found) post on the topic.

After scouring thru the AI preference settings I found the culprit.

Goto Edit - Preferences - General...

Under "Constrain Angle" - make sure that it's set to : 0 (zero)

That did it for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users