No replies to this topic

#1 Spyder

Spyder

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

I intend to use Joomla as a CMS for a new tv/movie sharing site. I will be using embedded players from popular video sharing sites so won't be hosting the material myself... I will be showcasing this information through yootheme's zoo extension.

As far as I am concerned this is as legal as Google Video and Youtube, as any copyrighted material will be streamed from popular sites just as these and so i am not the one hosting it... both for legal reasons and to save on bandwidth.

I will be using a .it domain (It's not an italian site but I like the country code) do you recommend this or not?

I want to know, what's the best (or just a good way, you know what I mean) to start recieving traffic.

I will be using adbrite... is it better to implement adbrite later when I have a good amount of daily uniques or from the start?

Where is a good place to display the adverts and what kind of adverts do you think are best for increasing earning potential yet not deterring visitors (Such as popups pay out big, but are a big deterent).

This will not be my occupation but an side earner while I do my studies for a few years. I intend to add an somewhat large amount of content to the DB then I intend to offer select users to moderate and add new content, similar to the way forum administration works, so out of their own free will. (If this doesn't work I may offer them a cut off the profit for every time their video is linked... a low enough cut for it to be covered by the adverts each time that page is viewed and for me to make a profit... So potentially I wish to be able to sit back and effectively not have to touch the site yet earn a fair amount from it.

Does this sound possible or is my head in the clouds?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users