3 replies to this topic

#1 Biscuits100

Biscuits100

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

I'm new to 3D applications and I'm trying to model a bullet in cinema 4D. I've got the basic shape but have no idea how I could add some engraved text to the bottom of it????
If anyone can help me out I'd be greatful.
Thanks

#2 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

Well your best bet would be either a bump map, a normal map or a displacement map. This is all done threw texturing. I don't know exactly how C4D is setup for all this but I would maybe try and search info on either bump map or displacement maps in C4D.

Also since your new to this you might need to look up how to UV map in C4D and how to texture objects. UV mapping and texturing are probably going to be found in the same tutorials. They go hand in hand so. But yeah learn how to texture and how to use bump maps and that would be your best and easiest way to do it.

#3 Biscuits100

Biscuits100

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

Well your best bet would be either a bump map, a normal map or a displacement map. This is all done threw texturing. I don't know exactly how C4D is setup for all this but I would maybe try and search info on either bump map or displacement maps in C4D.

Also since your new to this you might need to look up how to UV map in C4D and how to texture objects. UV mapping and texturing are probably going to be found in the same tutorials. They go hand in hand so. But yeah learn how to texture and how to use bump maps and that would be your best and easiest way to do it.

Thanks for your reply I'll do some searching and see what I can find.

#4 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:C4D graphic artwork and design, music (guitar songwriting vocals.) Painting, photography, video games.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

make a black and white pic of the text or whatever you want engraved and set the bumpmap on your texture to that pic and adjust it accordingly, you might have to use a negative value or reverse the polarity of the image to make it recede instead of extrude from the bullet..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users