surfnlearn.com

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hey guys,

The site looks amazing :P Great job.

Did notice a couple of things, doing my part to help out.

First, I had one tutorial submitted before the site went under the upgrade, when the site came back online, I couldn't see anything in my pending list, the old link doesn't work any more, 404 page. So I went ahead and submitted it again, then I saw the tutorial in the pending list, now its not there again. Just wondering what happened to it.

Title : Drawing a grim reaper using photoshop

Secondly, your old tutorial links aren't working, they lead to a 404 page, I dont know if that was intended.

Someone reported this but i'll mention it anyway, the 'Find out how?' link under 'Take ownership of your sourcesite' doesn't work.

I've got your top-link active, hope you get it back online soon :)

Good luck!

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:58 PM

It's showing under your site: http://www.pixel2lif...surfnlearn_com/ and on pending http://www.pixel2life.com/pending/ at NO: 10

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hey guys,

The site looks amazing :P Great job.

Did notice a couple of things, doing my part to help out.

First, I had one tutorial submitted before the site went under the upgrade, when the site came back online, I couldn't see anything in my pending list, the old link doesn't work any more, 404 page. So I went ahead and submitted it again, then I saw the tutorial in the pending list, now its not there again. Just wondering what happened to it.

Title : Drawing a grim reaper using photoshop

Secondly, your old tutorial links aren't working, they lead to a 404 page, I dont know if that was intended.

Someone reported this but i'll mention it anyway, the 'Find out how?' link under 'Take ownership of your sourcesite' doesn't work.

I've got your top-link active, hope you get it back online soon :)

Good luck!

I see your tutorial in the pending queue...

http://www.pixel2life.com/pending/

#10 (at the moment) is yours.

Sorry can you specifiy which old tutorial links? Not sure what you mean... Could you give me a specific example?

Thanks for hanging in there with the topsites... going to be working on that ASAP.

Thanks,
Dan

#4 surfnlearn.com

surfnlearn.com

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Pending list is working for me now too.. I wonder if I typed something else by mistake, my bad! I can also see it at 19, sorry for submitting it twice. I kinda understand what happened, I confused the publishing part of pending list, when i clicked manage tutorials in my control panel, as the actual pending list since I saw that 404 page.

what about the old tutorial links?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Edited by surfnlearn.com, 28 September 2009 - 04:06 PM.

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

Pending list is working for me now too.. I wonder if I typed something else by mistake, my bad! I can also see it at 19, sorry for submitting it twice. I kinda understand what happened, I confused the publishing part of pending list, when i clicked manage tutorials in my control panel, as the actual pending list since I saw that 404 page.

what about the old tutorial links?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry, I need more information about what you mean by old tutorial links... all outbound links to tutorials work fine for me, so I assume you mean something else. Can you tell me a bit more about what the issue is?

Thanks,
Dan

#6 surfnlearn.com

surfnlearn.com

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

Sorry for not being able to explain it better..

what i mean is.. on the old site, the tutorial links used to be like this:

http://www.pixel2lif...sing_photoshop/

this is a link of one of my tutorials on the old site, but now its a 404 link. My concern is a lot of tutorials might have been bookmarked, shared or spread around on forums around the web over time and would lose their well earned reach?

Edited by surfnlearn.com, 28 September 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#7 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

I see what you mean now, all my RSS Feeds have died as well. I suppose Dan has a good reason for changing them.

#8 surfnlearn.com

surfnlearn.com

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

Yep the rss feeds still have the old url. hehe :)

#9 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

It was actually mentioned in the announcement thread that the feeds are not running atm. We just have too many things that need to be fixed before we get the feeds back up.

I see what you mean for the old URLs, yes those have changed as well. I've asked Nick to put in a forwarding rule in htaccess to forward people using the old URLs to the new one so they don't get a 404 error. Should be in place in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Dan

#10 surfnlearn.com

surfnlearn.com

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:08 AM

Glad I could help :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users