#1 st3wy

st3wy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:06 AM

Hey guys,

Haven't really quoted a website before so I was hoping someone could give me a good idea on how much I should charge for the following details,

--------------------------
Specifications

Site Map.
The website has the following site map:
Home
(Please see below design details)

About Us
(Company information provided in a text format)

Services
(Information provided in a text format )

Portfolio
(Will require the use of images and text to display 4-5 examples)

Contact Us
(Text and possible use of web form.)

Design
The Photoshop files for this design will be provided once the quote has been approved
The website should be optimised for a 1024x768 screen resolution
The site needs to have a 'centred' layout with the background scaling to accommodate for varying screen resolutions (i.e. 1280 x 1024). Please refer the following website as an example - http://www.iwebgate.com/
It must be compatible with all of the major internet browsers, i.e Mozilla, Explorer, Safari, Chrome

Flash Banner
The use of 4 different images (to be supplied) that will transition from one to the next using 'Flash' animation.
Transitions should occur every 4 seconds?
Please see the following website as an example
Please provide a quote if the flash banner is used for the internal pages or if a single static image is to be used instead for each of the 4 internal pages (i.e. about us, services, portfolio, contact us)
Menu
The menus will need to change on 'roll-over' as per the 'Home' menu link on the attached image.

Timeline
Please inform us of the approximate time required to develop this site.

Costs / Terms
Please provide us with a fixed quote for this website in Australian dollars only. Can you also please provide us with your hourly consultation/development fees if additional items are required outside of these specifications. Lastly can you please inform us of your standard payment terms.
--------------------------

Cheers for the help, sorry if I didnt post this in the right section

#2 gregjones

gregjones

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

Hi stewy,

As I am new to the forum I am not sure if I am the right person to be answering your question. However I have designed several websites and given quotes before. In my professional opinion a quote should be based on the amount of work you are going to put in on the website.

Assuming the website is to be designed, coded and flashed all by you then the quote should be based on a few different aspects.

1) How good you are at the requested guidelines.
2) How many pages the website is.
and
3) The timeline.

New to the game
Considering the website is only 5 pages with flash and code I would suggest a quote anywhere from $400.00 to $1000.00 USD. Again you have to take in to consideration how well the website will look. You obviously can't give a quote at $1000.00 if you are going to give the client a simple 2hour project that you think looks good. You have to make sure that what you are designing is to the clients expectations and needs.

Experienced with a large company name attached to website
If you are creating the website through a large company name then you may be able to charge over $1000.00 for any unique (original) website.

Remember that when you are designing any website originality and organization play a big part in the clients eyes. Don't hesitate to ask questions and show the client what you are working on. Its always good to make sure the client sees what he is getting before you finish the website and give the client something completely opposite of what he/she was looking for. A good trick that I like to remember is to create more then one layout (Home page) and have the client choose which he/she like before continuing on with the project.

Good luck!

Greg

#3 st3wy

st3wy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:54 AM

Thanks a lot for your help Greg :biggrin:

Edited by st3wy, 14 November 2009 - 05:17 AM.

#4 gregjones

gregjones

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

No problem Stewy anything to help.

Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users