20 replies to this topic

#1 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

Anyone see it yet? I watched it last Saturday and loved it to pieces, although I never watched it in Imax was still an awesome movie.

#2 Trusttec

Trusttec

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Wakeboarding, snowmobling

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

I haven't seen it yet but this guy at work has. He can not stop talking about it. He figures he will see it about 6 more times in theater and then buy it when it comes out on DVD.

#3 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

I've seen it twice already in RealD 3D but not in iMax I'm a little on the border of seeing it in Imax.... I think it would be to big of a screen to really catch all the detail they have... I would be looking back and forth constantly.

I loved the movie though. The quality in the graphics were just amazing and it makes me want to push myself even more now. Only thing is the story. Wasn't the greatest but I do get the point he was going for. It just seemed to much like Pocahontas the first half of the movie. But like I said he still pulled it off really well and it just goes to show you how anything is possible now.

#4 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

I haven't seen it yet but this guy at work has. He can not stop talking about it. He figures he will see it about 6 more times in theater and then buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Took me a few hours to wind down from it, kinda draws you in like your in the movie itself.

I've seen it twice already in RealD 3D but not in iMax I'm a little on the border of seeing it in Imax.... I think it would be to big of a screen to really catch all the detail they have... I would be looking back and forth constantly.

I loved the movie though. The quality in the graphics were just amazing and it makes me want to push myself even more now. Only thing is the story. Wasn't the greatest but I do get the point he was going for. It just seemed to much like Pocahontas the first half of the movie. But like I said he still pulled it off really well and it just goes to show you how anything is possible now.

We don't have a 3D or Imax here the nearest to me is 9hrs drive away. I want to see it again I just loved those tree's.

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

Saw it lastnight on IMAX 3D, and HOLY SHIT was it awesome, OMFG! LOL! Fantastic movie, and the effects were absolutely insane. Just loved it, definitely need to go see it again.. Bonus that I didn't have to pee during the movie LOL!

Dan

#6 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

I saw it in Sony Metreon Imax 3D.

Now that was awesome. >:

#7 synn

synn

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:56 AM

Well no IMax here, so gonna watch movie without Imax experience.. :|

#8 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Bonus that I didn't have to pee during the movie LOL!

I know what you mean! I drank a lot and ate a big soup before going and I though I would of had to go. It happened to me when I went to see the watchmen and it ruined the experience because that's all you think about.

#9 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

LOL That's the worst... I didn't get through a SINGLE LOTR movie without having to pee... was impossible lol!

#10 synn

synn

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

Any one tried it on 2D theater ?

#11 starburst552

starburst552

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

I SAW IT!!! it was awesome. not in 3D though either but it was still AWESOME!

thought about seeing it again this weekend but the weekend is moving along really fast!

#12 Anguz

Anguz

Young Padawan

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

Loved the story, effects and every min of the movie.
:laugh:

#13 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Loved the story, effects and every min of the movie.
;)

Meh I donno about the story that much. It was like a mix between Pocahontas and Matrix. What really got me was the way James Cameron presented the new wold. It really showed in this movie that he created a couple of documentaries just befor filming this. The way he presented Pandora, it made you feel like you were there at the moment. That's what really made the hole movie worth wild for me. That and the amazing advancement in CG graphics.

#14 iori

iori

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

I've already watched it...The movie was really great..The effects...The Story...The graphics...All are definitely perfect...Avatar is one of the best films of the year... The most exciting, thrilling, and superb work you'll feast your eyes on in any theater this century'.. Avatar is a movie experience to be remembered...James Cameron did a very great job...

#15 camboreadcenter

camboreadcenter

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

yes it so nice

#16 arnottfigaro44

arnottfigaro44

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:23 AM

King of the World is back! Mr. James Cameron, the youngest of Avatar is mind-blowing adventure and the most imposing and complex I have ever seen.

#17 _*aprillove20_*

_*aprillove20_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Well, the quality in the graphics were just an awesome.

#18 fseoer2010

fseoer2010

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

I haven't seen it yet but this guy at work has.

Edited by rc69, 16 July 2010 - 05:56 PM.

#19 Jimmy2step

Jimmy2step

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:07 AM

Saw it in 3D graphics were amazing really impressed although wasn't blown away by the story feels like a mix of other films and stories. However watched it again last night on Blue ray and still as good! Didn't think it would be good on the small screen (well 42") but Blue ray really brought out the colours and still felt dizzy with some of those high cliff scenes. Think you miss a lot when you watch it once- really impressive film and production!

#20 magan123

magan123

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:25 AM

its one of wonderful movies i hv seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users