• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ortix

Ortix

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Graphics, Money, Computers, Technology, SPACE, Robotics, Girls, Space, Girls.. and food.

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

Hey guys,

I am working on a project which involves some matrix style CG. I want to have my main character stop bullets in mid air. Anyone have an idea on how to approach this issue? I have Apple Motion 4 and Adobe After Effects CS4 at my disposal (i love my school :D).

Basically what happens is that bullets come flying and then suddenly stop in front of the character. The flying part is REALLY short if it's even a second. The stopping part is the most important one.

Any ideas?

#2 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

Do you have any modeling programs to use? A simple bullet made in even Bender could be imported into after effects. From there you can light it, move it, do anything you want to it. Set your video up and your camera in 3d space (have your footage always square with the camera's virtual lens). Have the camera track the bullet as it moves and stops. You will really have to do some tweaking like this, but it's less complicated than setting up a virtual 3d environment with still photos that match the video, etc etc

#3 Ortix

Ortix

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Graphics, Money, Computers, Technology, SPACE, Robotics, Girls, Space, Girls.. and food.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

exactly the answer i was looking for! Not step by step, and a simple solution! I will start working on it next week and show the result when the project is complete. Heck i might do a tut for it :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users