subject would you need to use the 12.2 megs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _*aprillove20_*

_*aprillove20_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

I have my camera a GE A1255 has 12.2 megapixel spec. But I have not seen a pic over 6.2 meg with most around 4 meg,s. what kind of subject would you need to use the 12.2 megs?

#2 xXx-Treme

xXx-Treme

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photoshop, Parkour, Buildering, Rock Climbing, Adrenaline, Extreme sports, Extreme lifestyle

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:16 AM

Are you sure that you are not mixing up Megapixels with megabytes? These 2 are absolutely different things!
Megapixel are the largest picture your camera can take: For example Canon EOS 400D has 10.1MP, it can take a photo of 3888x2592 pixels, if you multiply these two you're get 10.1 milion pixels that this photo consists.
Megabyte is used to refer to memory amount. So 12.2MP photo means it has 12 milion pixels in it, not that it should take 12 MB (megabytes).

#3 damir_zg

damir_zg

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

just to add that you really don't need 12.2 megapixels with a consumer point and shoot camera because all low cost cameras have small sensors and when you use such a big picture size it actually decreases picture quality

i recommend that you dont use resolutions over 5 MP it really isnt necessary unless you will print large size photos, but for that you will proobably use a better camera (SLR)

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users