#1 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Holla,,

I have a scene created on max of a bowl, egg and other stuff. Have a look and Critique if possible.

Attached File  eg1.jpg   285.73KB   20 downloads

#2 gsmedia

gsmedia

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

What will this design be used for?

#3 Shawn.

Shawn.

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

I had to take a second look at that to make sure it wasn't real! Love the bowl and cup render. The broken egg shell seems off. Shading and color perhaps? Great work. It fooled me the first time. :)

#4 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

This wont me used for anything it was just a 3d excersise.. Ahh cheers,, Gs Media,, Yes the egg shell wasnt done properly and the broken parts seem a bit too much ..

Cheers for comments.

#5 android

android

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

Great render. I'd either show more light, or tone down the shadows (specifically on the broken egg) The shadows are far too harsh for the lighting.

#6 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

It's a good start but you would need to tweak the shaders a bit more. First off your water shader in the glass is odd and ripply as if the water is moving. Also I would add a small noise bump on your shell shader because eggs have a roughness to them. also the broken egg shell should be more translucent which is why it looks a bit off. Also for the broken egg shell I would have a bit of a specular shine inside because normally there is a bit of egg goop still inside after you crack it and it makes it shiny.

All round though, it came out pretty good. You have a bit of rendering noise which you would need to tweak your render settings to fix that.

I'm sorry to be so critical but I believe it's the only way you can learn and get better.

#7 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

Yes you are both right. It wasnt the best as I was just getting into it. There was no render such as mental ray or vray used for this. But yes I may try to refine it and work on some of the things you've mentioned. Thanks for the critiques.

#8 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

You didn't use mental ray or V ray? Pretty impressive for not using them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users