#1 derek.sullivan

derek.sullivan

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:preaching, programming, music, friends, outdoors, moves, books

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hey guys, as most of you know Westboro Baptist Church (WBBC), has been picketing fallen soldier' funerals and inflicting extreme emotional discomfort to the soldier's families. I am a Christian, I am a Baptist, but I am in NO WAY in affiliation with this "cult". Let me hear what you all think about these people! Also, I do not condone homosexual behavior, but I found a clip on youtube with Michael moore and a group of homosexuals that are going to these protests and pickets to confront them! It honestly is funny..

• Hayden likes this

#2 JoeyMagz

JoeyMagz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

I'm in the military and I have witnessed first hand these a**holes. A close friend of mine died during a training exercise and these people were at his funeral. They absolutely disgust me.

#3 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

I don't really like Michael Moore, he's such a pretentious :censored: but the hate this group stirs up trumps that. I think what infuriates me more is that they call themselves Christians and worse yet, further go to say they're baptists. That makes it SO hard to have civil discussions sometimes because as soon as someone learns that you're Christian, they bring this up.

#4 derek.sullivan

derek.sullivan

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:preaching, programming, music, friends, outdoors, moves, books

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

@JoeyMagz, sorry to hear about your loss! @Hayden, dude lol I know.. I'm not a Michael Moore fan either, but I stumbled upon this and thought it was funny. Westboro "baptist church" thinks that God needs them to pass along His judgement. The only time that this is okay was when the prophets in the Old Testament were sent directly by God. After Jesus, "prophets" (like the prophets I just mentioned) are no longer necessary. Now we have preaches who preach the New Covenant which is redemption by the blood of Jesus! Yes I do believe homosexuality is a sin, but to sit there and bash on homosexuals is not my calling. I love all people regardless of your practices, that doesn't mean I agree with what you do.

Edited by derek.sullivan, 02 April 2011 - 03:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users