3 replies to this topic

#1 Mathijs1988

Mathijs1988

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

I was wondering if the following was possible. I have re-sized about 700 pictures to have either a max width of 800 pixels or a max height of 800 pixels. Now all these re-sized pictures must be placed in a canvas with a black background one by one and saved into .jpg with max quality. If these pictures are horizontal, they need to be aligned to the top of the canvas. If the pictures are vertical they need to be aligned to the center. Is there an script that can do this for me? If the pictures need to be sorted into the horizontal & vertical ones, this isn't a problem of course.

#2 Mathijs1988

Mathijs1988

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

Bring Up My Post.

#3 1P0

1P0

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Look at this tool:
http://www.easy-tool...rge-photos.html

#4 the_michael_77

the_michael_77

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Flash, indie games, 3d graphics

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

I've made some test with Photoshop scripting using Photoshop CS2 ( I own that version currently ) and ExtendScript Tool. What I was able to do so far is loading bundle of pictures from the folder create an empty document, copy loaded images one by one and paste it to created empty big one. The problem is that Photoshop scripting has no options to set a position of the pasted picture. You can change its position using relative translations only which is a bit akward in your case. I think it is still possible under some conditions though.

1) Did the tool that f4b14ns3 recommended to you sort out your problem ?

2) Are you going to scale down the final combined image ? If you assembly it with no rescaling it might have 20000x20000 pixels ? Notice that you might need quite lot of RAM to perform the script on such big image. Unless the final image may be smaller. If that is the case all particular images would be resized on the fly.

3)

If these pictures are horizontal, they need to be aligned to the top of the canvas. If the pictures are vertical they need to be aligned to the center.

It is not fully clear for me. Would you be able to draw some sketch of the final effect ?

4) Will all the pictures fit 800x800 square ( or its resized equivalent ) ?

Regards
Michal
  • 1P0 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users