3 replies to this topic

#1 ali3ngrey

ali3ngrey

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Just now getting back into this. Learned a little bit years ago when I was 15/16. Trying to get back into it, it was my favorite hobby back then. Sad I let it go. Comments/criticism? I made it using Bryce and Photoshop.

Attached Files

• unsuncGrort likes this

#2 angelia

angelia

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Reading,movies

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Good work!

#3 DoC

DoC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

i like the render and the techy things you added, but maybe image would come together more if the white techy items looked a bit more natural. Maybe below them you put a black gradient moving towards the center of the image or coming from the edges. To me it seems like the white part is meant to be on a screen above the render

Here are some more good tips.

Brush below and above the render mixing the color tones that your render has in it, from the light light blue/green, to dark dark blue/green.

You could also use the same brushes as an eraser at different opacities to touchup your brushing aswell as fade the render into your brushing.

Get the eyedropper tool and select two darker base colors you would like to use, then click (Filter --> Render --> Clouds/Difference Clouds) until you get a good base of the two colors. This gives you a nice cloud blended bg to start brushing on

You can also get a good blending effects between brushing and renders by duplicating the render (Ctrl+J), and Applying different types of blurs to the bottom render layer (Filter --> Blur)

The sharpen tool is also very useful in making little parts of your design edgy and jump out

#4 karenwilson147

karenwilson147

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Wow!!! Nice one. Can I use it as my phone wallpaper? Like it so much :)

Best Regards,

Karen of http://magazineprintingnewyork.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users