Photo

Content aware fill does NOTHING on blank space of panorama

fill content-aware fill opacity blend blended panorama panarama photoshop cs6 adobe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 digitalbull

digitalbull

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS6 and this is the first time I am using a program of this complexity for pictures.  I opened 12 photos and turned them into a 360 degree panorama of Yosemite.  At the very least, I would like to fill the sky, as I would think that would be easy for the computer, and then simply crop off the bottom if it does not work.  The problem I am having is I click "w" to select the grey and white checkered area with the magic wand, then click "m" to move to the marquee tool, then right click the selected area, scroll down to "fill," make sure that opacity is 100% and blending mode is "normal" and contents use is "content-aware."  NOTHING happens.  Ever.  I even tried selecting the contents use to a simple "color" fill and still nothing happened.  Please help.  I have been searching and watching so many videos and trying everything I can think of but everyone always just suggests putting opacity at 100% and blending mode to "normal," which I have.

#2 digitalbull

digitalbull

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Actually, I just solved my own problem.  It is vitally important to press CTR + SHIFT + E after blending the photographs together to create a single layer before using content-aware fill.  No one mentions that anywhere so I will keep this up for others who may make the same mistake.  I hope this saves you the many hours I lost.

#3 WSimpson

WSimpson

P2L Admin

• Admin
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:P2L admin, graphic designer, cat lover, books and comics addict.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks digitalbull, good to know!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fill, content-aware fill, opacity, blend, blended, panorama, panarama, photoshop, cs6, adobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users