hey! Profit Sites!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _*dragonbotsw_*

_*dragonbotsw_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:38 PM

I wuz wondering if any of you guyz could direct me to... or hook me up with a company that pays for you to have ads on your site. You have some on yourz, how is pixel2life. You say you're non-profit, but you need to maintain your site right? I read your article about it already, but I would like to know if you could hoook me up with with some specific companies. THX

#2 _*dragonbotsw_*

_*dragonbotsw_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

oh yeah, I wuz considering ads by google but since you have them I was wondering if you could tell me how much they pay...

#3 _*Jay_*

_*Jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:53 PM

i believe its 1-50p an ad, but they will only send checks at a minimum of $100 a time. pretty gud if you ask me

#4 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:57 PM

Google ads are the easiest to set up and are said to pay the most. I can not tell you how much they pay because A) It's against the terms and Google takes the terms very seriously and B) There are so many variables to the earnings from adsense that my figures would be meaningless. The amount you make depends on type of ads being served, click thru, your ad placement etc etc... To be honest, I haven't done much in the way of advertising simply because I'm too busy working on the site features and content. Google ads is about as far as I know... :/ You can check out the Sitepoint forums at www.sitepoint.com and there are forums dedicated to this type of discussion. Just don't ask what the webmasters make... usually it's not allowed in the terms, it's impolite to ask, and it will probably get you banned.

(Yes it is impolite to ask... would you go up to someone you don't know and ask how much they make at work?)

Anyhow, hope that helps you out a bit ;)

Faken

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:59 PM

i believe its 1-50p an ad, but they will only send checks at a minimum of $100 a time. pretty gud if you ask me

Ads can pay anywhere from .01c to several dollars a click, but there's know way to know which ads paid what.

Faken

#6 _*dragonbotsw_*

_*dragonbotsw_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:44 AM

ic. well i guess the only way to find out is to talk to them myself ;) thanks for your help guyz

#7 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:45 AM

ic. well i guess the only way to find out is to talk to them myself ;) thanks for your help guyz

<3

Faken

#8 _*becksman2_*

_*becksman2_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:54 PM

hahaha... suddenly i was dreaming i'm wearing a pixel2life t-shirt.. Posted Image hahaha - out of the topic... don't bother ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users