8 replies to this topic

#1 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:29 AM

Its well known that search engines like changing and regularly updated content. One way to do this is to start your own blog. Make it interesting enough, add a google adsense and it can even earn you money. If you blog has an rss feed you can use this to your advantage for an even quicker uptake by certain major search engines. Try entering "Well Blog Me!" in MSN. Before this rss feed I was on page 20 odd, now I'm on page 1

#2 pr0jekt

pr0jekt

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Anything Web.. mostly coding

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:49 AM

Should this thread exist or even be in this forum?

#3 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:55 AM

Should this thread exist or even be in this forum?

Yeah, it's fine :D

#4 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:47 AM

I would like to try this in Yahoo but they don't offer a rss feed to us Aussies but have no qualms about giving it to the States. If there are any Americans out there who would like to test this out and then get back to us I would be extremely interested. B)

I've just found out that I am now able to add a rss feed on yahoo.com.au so i have entered my blog. It will be interesting to see if i get the same result I did on MSN. At the moment I am no. 12 (I thought that in itself was pretty good) on yahoo.com.au but my listing on yahoo.com is after page 20. I will keep you posted.

24 hours later; moved up 1 position.

Edited by Slugger, 10 July 2005 - 02:16 AM.

#5 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:00 AM

As you can see its been awhile since the last post. I've kept up the blog. As of today "well blog me" is still no. 1 in MSN. Its no. 1 in yahoo the Aussie version, on page 2 if you search the web. As for Google if you if you search the pages from Australia, again no.1.

I have not used any other optimization techniques since I've started this experiment, but since I have my PR has gone up and so has the number of hits from these three major engines. If any one else has tried this I would be really interested in the results.

#6 Blitz

Blitz

Jedi In Training

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Php, html, css, etc, band, trumpet, anime, my dog, TV, computers, video games, sleeping, marching band, sleeping, jazz, sleeping, metal, sleeping, classic rock, sleeping, music, jazz band, did I mention sleeping?, kicking the hell out of kids that won't take the time to spell or use proper grammar, my website, etc.

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:41 PM

That's great and everything, but who do you know who would search for "well blog me" in the search engines? Yeah, my site's listed first for "shadow fox network," but who's going to search for that? You have to target phrases your site's about.

#7 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:31 PM

That's great and everything, but who do you know who would search for "well blog me" in the search engines? Yeah, my site's listed first for "shadow fox network," but who's going to search for that? You have to target phrases your site's about.

Thats true, but if you read my earlier posts you would notice that until I started the blog it was nowhere near the first page.
If your not happy with well blog me check these out.
free platform games .....page 1
postnuke html.....position 1 page 1 (the games palace is one of my sites....hardly listed at all untill the blog)
topo adsense...position 1 page 1
flash chinese tortures...position 1 page 1
make a free online survey...page 1
paid survey affiliates...position 1 page 1
free online paid surveys...position one page 1

I could go on but I hope this proves my point. And btwsome of the above were targeted phrases.

ps search done on google Australian sites

Edited by Slugger, 20 December 2005 - 07:49 PM.

#8 proxinated

proxinated

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:♥♥♥ Ashley McCall ♥♥♥

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

Hmmm sounds like an intresting concept. In the future i might try this and see if it works because I would really like to purchase a few more domains that direct to my site. I have 24 free domain spaces so I could have 24 more domains pointing to my site B)

#9 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:59 AM

It worked for me so no reason why it wouldn't work for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users