2 replies to this topic

#1 l2\/\/5

l2\/\/5

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

Hey! I thought for my first post I should do something special. So I shall teach you people how to make a play button! Open up flash. Make a new document by clicking File --> New. Or you can just press Ctrl+N.. Now take out your RECTANGLE TOOL ( R ), OR CIRCLE TOOL (O), and make a shape. I'll make a circle, cause I'm cool like that... Write whatever you want in the button. I'm not gonna write anything for the sake of time. I recemmond writing: "Play"...

Posted Image

Now click on the SELECTION TOOL (V), and highlight the whole ball. Do this by clicking anywhere OUTSIDE the ball, and then dragging the box around the whole thing. Look:

Posted Image

YAY! So far so good! W00T! Okay. After you've selected the whole ball, press CTRL + F8. You should see some kind of box pop up. Make it a button, and name it whatever you want. Example:

Posted Image

Click OK. Yay. It's officially a button now. Okay, now all you gotta do it open up the ACTIONS PANEL (F9). Click the button. At the top of the actions panel, you should see Actions - Button. Copy and paste this code in the Actions Panel:

on (release) {
_root.play();
}

Huzzah. Your done. Wait for my other tutorials!

P.S. This is only a BEGINNER'S Tutorial. Wait for my Advanced Button Tutorial to see how to make cool stuff with the buttons, such as add sounds and color. MMKAY BYE!

<3,
RWS

#2 fedekiller

fedekiller

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

the _root it is not necesary :S only if the button is in a mc

#3 Donna

Donna