• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _*Patchorus_*

_*Patchorus_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:33 PM

*Hopes i got the post in right section*

anyways, i recently started to play around with VB6, and really enjoys it :D

But also, i just noticed there is something called VB.net... So wonder, what is that? I mean, Is it like VB6 but a little more developed,
or is it a new language that could be used for other things that VB6 cant handle?

#2 _*KnightMare_*

_*KnightMare_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:26 AM

isnt .net just the next version?

#3 _*Gio_*

_*Gio_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:00 AM

VB.NET Is apart of the .NET Framework by microsoft. Its a whole re-build of VB I believe, and well you can easily use the other componets of .net framework, alot easier than before. I believe.

#4 _*Unreal_*

_*Unreal_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:10 AM

Im a VB programer, and i prefer VB6, the main diffrence is that it has the .NET framework, and that .NET doesnt have control arrays, which are VERY usefull for stuff when making a online game.. ( which i do )

#5 _*Gio_*

_*Gio_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:47 PM

I am going to be doing alot more desktop coding I believe this year since I am taking a programming class. So unreal which one would you suggest?

#6 _*ronson_*

_*ronson_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:21 AM

Im a VB6 programmer and this is what im going to tell you, Program in both languages and choose which you prefer but my advice is program in both of them because a true program can not only program in 1 language and program but most if not all languages.

James

#7 _*Gio_*

_*Gio_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:09 PM

Turns out in my class now we are learining qBasic. When we get back after labor day were learning user input functions. Pretty basic right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users