4 replies to this topic

#1 -GhoSt-

-GhoSt-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:40 AM

When i export my button and open it in dreamweaver i get the white backgorund workspace, how do i get rid of tha leaving just the movie part

#2 Hereje

Hereje

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Web design, programing, multimedia, videogames.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:47 AM

Export your button to GIF or PNG, only this formats can manage an alpha channel (for the web at least)

I recomend to export it to PNG, use a graphic app (like photoshop or fireworks) and export it to GIF with alpha transparency.

Edited by Hereje, 04 July 2005 - 09:54 AM.

#3 Lewes

Lewes

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:I'm into graphics especially website design and Flash.<br>Also enjoy skatboarding and Video Editing. Have made a couple of skateboard videos with the rest of my team! <br><br>And thats about it...

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:33 AM

when you publish the button go to publish settings and click on the html tab, click the drop down box where it says 'window mode' and select 'tranparent windowless'.
Now open the html file in dreamweaver and copy the html code for the button, then just paste this in place on the main website you are editing!

Hope this ameks sense to you!

The problem your suggestion Hereje, is that a png file wont allow animation and some people - like me - just prefere using flash on sites as aposed to gifs... :P

Edited by Lewes, 04 July 2005 - 10:36 AM.

#4 -GhoSt-

-GhoSt-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:55 PM

yea i want to use the flash so ill try that

EDIT: I just tried it and after i did all the settings i published it and after rits published i cant find the .swf, am i supposed to export it after i do that or where does it go????

Edited by -GhoSt-, 04 July 2005 - 05:50 PM.

#5 Lewes

Lewes

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:I'm into graphics especially website design and Flash.<br>Also enjoy skatboarding and Video Editing. Have made a couple of skateboard videos with the rest of my team! <br><br>And thats about it...

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:38 AM

when your in publish settings on the formats tab click on the folder icon next to both flash and html and you can define where they are saved and what their title is. Make sure you save both files in the same place - i have a flash folder on the desktop - that way things become a lot less complicated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users