A Little bit of Dreamweaver help...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _*=NfM- Malice_*

_*=NfM- Malice_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:07 PM

OKay I have a couple of small questions here.

I am using a template to start up my basic website layout, and I am having a problem manipulating my pictures on the template. I guess Im just not used to not being able to just click and drag things around, so all my pictures are anchored in place.. but they need to be moved.

Second, I have some global links at the top of my page, that wehn I mouse over them, pop up Subglobal links underneath that I need to get rid of..

How do I do this..

:(

#2 _*Archangel_*

_*Archangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2004 - 10:15 AM

I can answer your picture dilema.

In order to drag pictures around the have to be on their own layer. What you would do is Select the "draw layer" tool, draw a box and then insert the image into the box. Then it's really the layer you move around with the image in it and not the image itself.

I haven't used templates before but it sounds like you may need to draw a layer and then cut the picture and paste it onto the layer. This should give you the ability to drag it freely around.

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:04 PM

I can answer your picture dilema.

In order to drag pictures around the have to be on their own layer. What you would do is Select the "draw layer" tool, draw a box and then insert the image into the box. Then it's really the layer you move around with the image in it and not the image itself.

I haven't used templates before but it sounds like you may need to draw a layer and then cut the picture and paste it onto the layer. This should give you the ability to drag it freely around.

He's talking about Dreamweaver, not Photoshop :unsure:

Mal - What page is it again? Send me alink and I'l chec out the submenu bit. What's the prob with the image? Don't get what the issue is :/

Faken

#4 _*Archangel_*

_*Archangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I know. In Dreamweaver you can make layers. there is a tool called the 'Draw layer' tool. You click and drag to make a box. Anything in this box can be moved anywhere around the page. What it does is create a seperate <div> layer that is moveable and creates absolute positions depending on where it is placed on the page.

HTML like this....

<div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; left:157px; top:36px; width:170px; height:145px; z-index:1"></div>

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:11 PM

Oh sorry.. :unsure: Carry on...

Faken

#6 _*Archangel_*

_*Archangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:43 AM