4 replies to this topic

#1 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- Google is at once a powerful search engine and a growing e-mail provider. It runs a blogging service, makes software to speed Web traffic and has ambitions to become a digital library. And it is developing a payments service.

Although many Internet users eagerly await each new technology from Google Inc., its rapid expansion is also prompting concerns that the company may know too much: what you read, where you surf and travel, whom you write.

Full Source

#2 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

this is kinda stupid, as ANY search engine allows you to access the same stuff, but google is always the search engine targetted

disgusting

#3 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:17 PM

this is kinda stupid, as ANY search engine allows you to access the same stuff, but google is always the search engine targetted

disgusting

This is more because of what Google offers, so many services under one roof, and the possible problems that could cause :)

#4 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

they might even end up monopolizing the web =O
but a security issue like that you posted, is just dumb. i read some of that article and just stopped at the criminals hacking then stealing and blackmailing information...

#5 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:41 PM

Thought I would liven up the forums by posting some news... guess I won't waste my time with it anymore :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users