#1 Cyberdood

Cyberdood

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

Hi

The topic more or less describes my query but I will however explain. I have done a number of websites where the CSS main body text is either usually verdana, tahoma... usually all the default ones that come in Dreamweaver. I know in the CSS menu you can add new fonts to the list by browsing the font folder on your PC. You can then use that font in DW. But when I upload the files to the server and then view the font, only the normal default font is showing.

is there anyway to attach the font to the CSS file so the font can be viewed on the site?

Thanks

Cyberdood

#2 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:40 PM

generally you can just do it in CSS but if it's not installed on the users machine it will use the default browser font.
font-family: "font name here";

http://www.csscreator.com/node/12658

The second post has two different ideas, one uses a flash source, the other creates a dynamic PHP image with the TTF font of your choice.

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

I recommend using sIFR :D

Dan

#4 Mark

Mark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

Faken beat me to it.

http://www.mikeindustries.com/sifr/

Definitely something you want to check out if you need to use true type fonts for something. Plus, its fun! :angrylooking:

#5 miraga715

miraga715

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

This is great stuff. I wonder how I never knew about this. Cool, thanks as well, guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users