Photo

Would you be interested in hosting your website with P2L?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

Hey guys and gals... we here at P2L have spoken about this a few times over the years and we're looking very seriously now at starting up P2L Hosting as a web hosting company for shared hosting accounts. We're hoping this would be an effective way to help support the site, but we would need at least 50 signups at a base rate to break even. This would be professionally managed servers with same day support, backups and all the trimmings for what we hope will be competitive rates. Would you guys be interested in something like that?

Show of hands! :) Any comments would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Dan

#2 Shawn.

Shawn.

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

I'd be interested in hearing more about the details ironed out. P2L Hosting would be a great addition to the site.

I'd like to know if you'll have different services plans or a one size fits all type of deal.

Thanks,

Shawn

#3 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

I would be interested. I would like to know as far as how much space, bandwidth, and cost per package? Would I also have cpanel access? How many email accounts could I setup with a package? Would I be able to setup any subdomains too? Just a few questions I would have.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jason :)

#4 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • Interests:Web Development

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

What sort of cgi access would there be (i.e. PHP, perl, ruby...)? Would we be allowed databases, and if so, how many? I'm going to assume it would be an Apache server, but along with the previous questions, what version numbers would we be working with?

Unfortunately atm, i'm not looking for a new host (have a sweet setup through my work right now), however, in the potentially near future that may end up going south, so being able to host with P2L (i.e. somewhere i don't have to worry about who's managing the server) would be awesome :)

Edited by rc69, 17 October 2010 - 11:18 PM.

#5 iDadGraphics

iDadGraphics

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

I have been shopping around the last couple of days to figure who to use as host (mobileMe I am told is no good for what I do)....... To be honest this Web stuff drive me crazy I may be interested, Would I be able to use my iWeb application for publishing to PsL?

#6 iDadGraphics

iDadGraphics

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

I have to decide by the 14th of next month I believe, How soon will rates and whatever else be decided and posted?

#7 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

Yep, we are hoping to have quite a bit more information on what we offer in the next 2 weeks.

Dan

#8 AneesYasir

AneesYasir

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

Yep, we are hoping to have quite a bit more information on what we offer in the next 2 weeks.

Dan

I'd be interested in this, let's see how it pans out!

#9 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

I would be interested. I would like to know as far as how much space, bandwidth, and cost per package? Would I also have cpanel access? How many email accounts could I setup with a package? Would I be able to setup any subdomains too? Just a few questions I would have.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Hi Jason, Hope you and your family are well!

The packages will soon be revealed, at present we are still finalising them. Yes each account will have cPanel, Email accounts and subdomains will both be available.

Everything is going great. Thanks for asking. Our son will be having another surgery Nov. 15 and the recovery should only few a few days. So that means he will be home for his 1st B-Day.

I look forward to changing web hosting when P2L hosting is up and running. :)

Regards,

#10 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

Awesome news Jason, glad to hear that things are progressing well with your son. Your family is always in our thoughts and prayers.

If you want to get a sneak peek at what we're up to, you can can check out our mockup in progress here:

http://www.p2lhosting.com/adam/plans

And if anyone wants to actually sign up with us before the front end site is done, you're more than welcome to... our client area is up and fully operational with our servers already set up and configured and monitored 24/7. If you want to sign up, you can get started here:

http://www.p2lhostin...lients/cart.php

Helpdesk and all that is also all set up and available, so feel free to give us a try!

Dan

#11 Mooey

Mooey

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:http://500px.com/mikeholman
    http://holmanmedia.net

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

I've had to look for hosting recently for my Joomla sites so its nice to see P2L is doing their own, prices look good and I'm interested.

Couple of questions though:

I might of missed it but, on the 'plans' page I cant see how many databases you can have on the 'P2L Light' plan, but on the 'shopping cart page' it says unlimited (or Unlimitid :) ). Is it unlimited for the light option?

Also, alittle worried if the hosting side dosnt bring in enough revenue for P2L, is there a risk of you pulling the plug early?

Regards,

Mike

ps. Any discounts for ex mods? :)

#12 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

Hi Mike,

No worries, DBs would be unlimited :) Adam is making me an admin page allowing me to add/edit/remove feature items, so once that's done I will be able to complete the options list properly :)

As for the business side, I am committed to making this work and do not expect to make any money with this for quite awhile... so I have planned for this to run at a loss for awhile... typical business plan is a year of loss. So no worries, this is a long term project that won't just vanish someday. I'm afraid we're going to be around for a looooonnnng time! Should we have to pull the plug someday, we'll certainly honor all paid accounts and help clients move their accounts elsewhere etc. But again, we're committed to making this work, and truth be told, I have already been hosting several websites on my server for years. Now we're just making it official :)

As for discounts, we're not running any promos right now but as things pick up, we'll look in to some freebies for existing clients like a free month extra etc plus some prizes for people that signed up early etc. Launch time should be pretty darn fun!

Dan

#13 Shawn.

Shawn.

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

Smooth looking design on the layout. Did you design it?

Anyways, I'm interested in switching to P2LHosting in the near future. The pricing looks right to me.

Keep up the good work P2L staff! :)

#14 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

Thanks Shawnrl! Layout was designed by Nick and myself (Nick made the front page design and I created additional content pages). Hope to have you as a client soon!

Thanks,
Dan

#15 Shawn.

Shawn.

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

Was looking at the plan pricing a little more. I noticed you have a weekly and an annual price. Will you have an option to either pay it monthly or only once a year?

#16 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

Was looking at the plan pricing a little more. I noticed you have a weekly and an annual price. Will you have an option to either pay it monthly or only once a year?

It's monthly and yearly, not sure where you saw weekly? If you see weekly somewhere, can you link me?

Thanks!
Dan

#17 Shawn.

Shawn.

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

Wow. I totally spaced out on what I was typing before. You're corrected, I meant monthly. I'm excited about the monthly payment options. A lot of the hosts I've went through in the past required it yearly. That was bothersome.

One question though, a little off topic. Would you ever offer your graphic services as well as the hosting in a combo plan? Example: "Get your website designed by P2L, and hosted for $whatever"

#18 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

Wow. I totally spaced out on what I was typing before. You're corrected, I meant monthly. I'm excited about the monthly payment options. A lot of the hosts I've went through in the past required it yearly. That was bothersome.

One question though, a little off topic. Would you ever offer your graphic services as well as the hosting in a combo plan? Example: "Get your website designed by P2L, and hosted for $whatever"

LOL No worries.. I space out pretty much on an hourly basis :)

You're more than welcome to hire us for design services, I already take on small projects here and there. But it wouldn't be "included" in the price, it would be billed as a separate project. I don't advertise for freelance work, but I am willing to take it on if the project is interesting and the client is willing to pay :)

Thanks again!
Dan

#19 TMZHosting LLC

TMZHosting LLC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

Ah another competitor! Just Kidding Dan. I wish you luck and I think it was a good step.

- Daniel :)

#20 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

LOL there's always room for more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users