11 replies to this topic

#1 gty

gty

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:11 PM

Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that google have changed there TOS and allow people to display there earnings

#2 ivanthem

ivanthem

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:06 AM

They have updated their terms, however I don't think anything has changed regarding the disclosure of Adsense earnings:

You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: ( A ) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; ( B ) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google... etc

(Section 7 from https://www.google.com/adsense/terms)

Edited by ivanthem, 30 September 2005 - 01:06 AM.

#3 trancedm

trancedm

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:12 PM

They have updated their terms, however I don't think anything has changed regarding the disclosure of Adsense earnings:

You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: ( A ) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; ( B ) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google... etc

(Section 7 from https://www.google.com/adsense/terms)

yeah it has changed, the key changes from the same section

However, You may accurately disclose the amount of google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program.

which means you can tell everyone how much you're earning each month or so

#4 ivanthem

ivanthem

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:42 AM

Sorry- guess I was wrong... so let the disclosing begin!! ;)
EDIT- Umm but then again, doesn't google send you a cheque each time your adsense earnings reach $100, and by not letting you disclose the click-through rate, that doesn't help anyone find out how much you earn.

Edited by ivanthem, 01 October 2005 - 12:45 AM.

#5 trancedm

trancedm

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:58 AM

if you go to your adsense account it will show your total earnings on that particular month whether you reach $100 or not

#6 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:59 AM

You can disclose gross amounts, but not specific amounts or click-through-rates.

#7 gty

gty

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:42 AM

so can we all say what we have earnt so far from adsense but no more. Coz that would be pretty interesting

#8 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:02 AM

nothing will be disclosed from p2l, so you can remove that from your mind :ph34r:

#9 gty

gty

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:45 AM

fair enough ;)

#10 ascen9

ascen9

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:09 AM

If you have a look at the sites that are selling on Sitepoint, they are allowed to provide screenshots of their adsense accounts so long as they hide their CRT.

#11 artcoder

artcoder

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Collecting videos at FunAndEducationalVideos.com

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:34 PM

It would make sense that Google allows sites to disclose their earnings. It's good advertisment for their AdSense program. In fact, in their Google Adsense Blog http://adsense.blogs...sk-builder.html, they have disclosed how much Askthebuilder.com was earning.

#12 ajf64

ajf64

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

i find that they dont even work i used them for a while and i never say a dime kinda lame if you ask me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users