20 replies to this topic

#1 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

I've been using Yahoo! Ads for about a month now, and I have to say I am very pleased. I can't disclose exact amounts, but I will say that I am earning more money than I have with any other advertiser.

In my experience with advertisers I would rate Yahoo one of the highest, and it's still in beta!

Yahoo! Publisher Network is very similar to Google AdSense. In the sense that both advertisers use contextually targetted ads. In english, this means the text ads displayed are targetted to the content on your website. For example, if your website is about music, the ads displayed will be about musical instruments, music downloads, record stores and so on.

Recently, many publishers have switched to YPN (Yahoo! Publisher Network) from Google AdSense. This means good things for us publishers. Competition will raise prices so that the advertisers can offer the publishers the most income, which means they get more websites to publish their ads and hence more money for themselves. Until now, Google has had little to no real competition, but with YPN coming strong out of the gates, you can expect a good price hike in the days to come.

YPN has all of the standard ad sizes for you to use on your website. From skyscrapers (120x600 & 160x600) to leaderboards (728x90) and boxes (300x250) and more. For most websites, the advertisements will be targetted fairly well. However, in my experience with my graphic art websites, the targetting is horrible. However, this is easily explained by the lack of advertisers since it's still in beta. On my music website, the targetting is dead on accurate.

It isn't all good, especially for you guys who live outside of the USA. Sadly, during beta Yahoo! is only allowing publishers from the United States. So all you guys accross the pond are just going to have to wait. But, if you do live in the US and own/operate a website, I highly recommend you try Yahoo! Publisher Network for yourself.

Heres the link to get started with YPN.
http://publisher.yahoo.com/

#2 Cheyne

Cheyne

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:05 AM

I've heard similar stories. Everyone seems to be liking it. Too bad it's US only

#3 459Productions

459Productions

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:28 PM

Can you have bother google adsense and yahoo advertising on the same site? Kyle

#4 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:50 PM

You will have to check the Google AdSense FAQ. I haven't found anything about this in the Yahoo! FAQ.

#5 Sicloan

Sicloan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:45 PM

You can have them on the same site, but not on the same pages.

Both publishing networks require exclusivity to target ads, therefore you can run chikita ads & yahoo publisher or chikita & adsense but not adsense & Yahoo publisher.

#6 urmomma

urmomma

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

^that is correct.

I applied today so I hope I am accepted into this beta program. It sounds good.

#7 Nick

Nick

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

About how long did it take you to get accepted to Yahoo? I applied some time ago, but haven't heard anything from them yet.

#8 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:13 AM

It was about 2 weeks before I heard back from them.

I have some updates now, if you want to check my blog (the last link in my signature) there is longer post about it.

To the point, YPN revenue is now comparable to Google AdSense for the most part. Over the months there has been a slow and steady drop in prices, it doesn't seem to be going down any further now though.

#9 Nick

Nick

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:48 AM

Thanks. I guess I'll just sit here and wait for a reply. They don't deny anyone do they?

#10 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

As far as I've heard, if you don't get a reply you are denied heh. They may send out a denial e-mail, but I haven't heard of anyone receiving one.

I would apply at other places if they still haven't sent you an e-mail in a month.

#11 Nick

Nick

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

Alright, thanks :D

#12 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:57 AM

Too bad its for the us only

#13 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

Not really, it's pretty comparable to Google AdSense now. The prices have dropped a lot... here is my blog post about it

#14 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

And then there where none

#15 makavelimx

makavelimx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Events Manager of MD5Encryption.com

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

Which pays more on average? Google adsense or YPN?

Or are they practically the same?

#16 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:33 PM

They are basically the same now. YPN used to pay a lot more, though for some reason they dropped prices like crazy... not sure why really, they were actually scaring Google =/.

#17 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

I run a graphic design oriented websites, and profits are slow. Any tips to try and better target my ads and get better revenue?

Thanks,
albinoAZN

#18 Klepto

Klepto

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:19 AM

dose anyone know how old you have to be to use YPN?

#19 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

You must be 18 years or older to use pretty much any ad publishing service.

To generate more income with a design related site is kind of hard to do with contextual ads period. If you aren't already, try placing images next to them or play with the colors. If you have them blended in too well, people might just be overlooking them.

To get better ad types, just include more keywords on your pages for the ads you want to see. I.E. mention Photoshop a few times.

#20 1288

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:36 PM

does anyone know when abouts Y!PN will be made world wide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users