20 replies to this topic

#1 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

Hello, my site is www.mktutorials.com and I was wondering if the templates on that site are worth any money? Right now they are free and I dont think they are worth anything. Also apart from ads, how can I earn some revenue with the website I have?

#2 StreetStunt06

StreetStunt06

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

hey man, I really like your site. I took a look at the forums and templates etc. Im sure you could sell those templates and make a sizeable amount. I little sugestion, change the themes around, not so much based on Aviation [former fan]. but other than that the templates look awesome. With the ads part, you could use Google Adsense, or yahoos beta add program, or chikita or many others. It really depends on what your looking to make. Plus its a good idea to have some [50 -100] unique visitors a day to get the money coming in. Once again, nice site man :)

#3 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:18 AM

Thanks a lot for your comments. I will make my future templates based on something else to purely on optional stuff. The reason why the templates are themed on aviation is because they all used to be my previous templates used for mktutorials, as I have scrapped them I decided to share them. I will start making templates purly for the visitors. Thanks a lot, I need more comments from others also please.

#4 DanWilliamson

DanWilliamson

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

Hey,

Your layouts are pretty good, they're not top of the range but still awesome you could probably sell them for a small price.

- Dan

#5 Nike

Nike

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Controlling the human and and duck race.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:22 AM

Alot of them are a bit redundant don't you think? Try to go for more styles.

#6 Dh.

Dh.

CSS Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:14 AM

Nice site, and nice templates

#7 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

Ok thanks for your comments :(, keep them coming

Edited by captainmk, 25 January 2006 - 01:36 PM.

#8 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:43 PM

The templates aren't bad, you could sell those for a few dollars. What you should do is start cheap and see if anyone bites, say $5-$10 each depending on how much you think they are worth.

Basically, the ones you put a lot of time into would be worth more to you. Also, I didn't take the time to download one but, do you have a completely coded page? If not, definitely include that.

#9 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for your comments :blink:

#10 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

The template look good, they could probably go for some money. Just remember when designing templates, design it as if you are going to use it. So basicly do the best you can at it.

dEcade

#11 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for your commenets. Yes, I do have a coded page for most of the templates.

#12 pstut

pstut

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

I also think that some of the templates could be sold fore som small money, try selling them on different webmaster forums. I know that sitepoint have a sell your template forum, but there you give away the exclusive rights for it.

Adsense can give some income, but dont expect to make any big money from it. You have a section called articles but no content, this is where I would have started adding original content articles and add adsense to those pages.

#13 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for your comments pstut. I will take them into consideration.

#14 Paint

Paint

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

The thing is, I don't know if those type of templetes will sell anywhere over $25. Who you are targeting with those templates are mostly college kids with Gaming/PS sites. You really won't generate income there. If you target the business industry, I belive your talents will take you far.

Good luck!

#15 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:02 AM

Thanks for your comments, I will start making more business compatible templates soon. :D

#16 ascen9

ascen9

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:01 AM

A lot of your templates represent a style that was in vogue during 2003-2004. This is not to say they are are graphically inadequate, they are not. However, people are looking for slimmer designs nowadays.

Good luck!

#17 captainmk

captainmk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:21 AM

Yeah, thats true, thanks :D

#18 Live4Him2007

Live4Him2007

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Web Development, Graphic Design, writing, <br /><br />guitar, singing (badly), Sci-Fi : )

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:30 PM

Hey there. :D

1) I love your site! - very well done.

2) Yeah, I'd buy your templates if I needed one. Definitely. They certainly have potential. :D

#19 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:51 PM

As long as you use stock you don't own in your designs, I wouldn't recommend you ask for a dime. (I am assuming you don't own the rights to those images of the planes etc...)

Dan

#20 Braunson

Braunson

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

Website dead as of today... well prolly earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users