#1 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

i've been surfing the net trying to find some common ways cpp is used for but i just cant seem to find any useful programming in cpp. all i see is command line programs with no usefulness, so im wonderin if i can create a fullscale program in c and if i can, then where can i find a tutorial? or would a book be better

#2 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:07 PM

C++ is used for lots of things, you just dont know it, obviously Command Prompt, DOS, and Linux are made in C/C++, Also the programs used in Libraries, video stores, bookstores, regular shopping stores use C++...Although they have modernized the interface, doesnt mean C++ is not in the background running. C++ Is best used when combining languages, example VB + C++ is used alot, Ever played Little Fighters 2? Thats a free online fighting game, and its made in all VB And C. C/C++ is just the backend to things and you dont actually see it, Some antiviruses use C++ to check for viruses, when checking sometimes you see the win32 Console box flash, cause its using C++ to check. So C++ is used alot you just dont see it because its in the backend of all the programs and under the upper language and interface.

#3 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:33 PM

yea, i kinda guessed c++ would be used more of a 'backend' program, thanks for the info

#4 ronson

ronson

Banned For Being Purple

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Programming, Building Computers, Networking, Web Design and...........BINGE DRINKING!!!!!!.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

I wouldn't say C/C++ is more backend as their both pretty much fully independant programming languages.

C/C++ are languages used to create most decent applications, VB/VB.NET was created in C++.

These languages are what are used to create most programs.

James

Edited by Jay, 20 February 2006 - 07:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users