#1 amcdeathknight

amcdeathknight

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

What is a good free e-commerce package?

I want to sell designs, maybe using paypal as a payment system. I do not know much about it, like what happens to the money? Would it just get dumped into my paypal account? or similar. Or get banked into my bank account. I want it to send out a link to the buyer of the download, and also if possible remobe that item from the allowed to buy area. Also secure the downloads so that people cant guess where the products are stored.

Thanks for the help in advance I hope you guys can reply.

#2 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:13 AM

http://www.oscommerce.org/

It's already got several payment gateways setup that can be used, including PayPal, so you can start with PayPal and upgrade later if you so desire.

#3 Jordash

Jordash

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Computers

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:24 PM

http://www.joomla.org

Is similar to OS Commerce just a bit more customizable but harder to use, it has some cool payment gateways that work with Paypal. As for how Paypal works I usually transfer money from paypal to my bank account but you can also keep it in Paypal for Ebay and stuff.

#4 Erik Bernskiold

Erik Bernskiold

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:I love to do booth Web Design and Photography. Nothing beats a nice day out in the nature with the camera gear, getting loads of nice photos. I have been playing the flute for 6 years now and I love it, and I am playing the pipe organ as well. I also like to teach other people the in and outs of software such as the CS3 suite from Adobe.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:35 AM

Joomla is not on its own an e-commerce script. Joomla is a full fledged CMS system with a plugin (VirtueMart) which can be used as a store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users