#201 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

Ah, guest/guest ... that's a trick :)

But this is distressing: all the servers are listed up, but there is no such server as Delta anymore. :( If my site was moved, I was never told and it doesn't work (perhaps the nameservers changed or something?).

Anyway, I just PMed you with my ticket number, Dan. Thanks! :)

#202 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

Ah, guest/guest ... that's a trick :)

But this is distressing: all the servers are listed up, but there is no such server as Delta anymore. :( If my site was moved, I was never told and it doesn't work (perhaps the nameservers changed or something?).

Anyway, I just PMed you with my ticket number, Dan. Thanks! :)

You're on gamma btw, not delta :(

Dan

#203 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

Well, like I said, would've been nice to get an email that I had been moved. :) I still have the original email from May 2005 when I first signed up with Serverseed saying I was on Delta (which was the server with the PHP5 developer accounts). :)

Anyway, here's hoping it gets resolved soon.

Oh, and gamma.serverseed.com/~username doesn't seem to work for me either. Not sure if it should.

#204 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

Well, like I said, would've been nice to get an email that I had been moved. :) I still have the original email from May 2005 when I first signed up with Serverseed saying I was on Delta (which was the server with the PHP5 developer accounts). :)

Anyway, here's hoping it gets resolved soon.

Oh, and gamma.serverseed.com/~username doesn't seem to work for me either. Not sure if it should.

Read your PMs :(

Dan

#205 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

Ah, sorry, I didn't even realize I had a PM. Not used to IPB (I mostly use vBulletin).

Replied. :)

Also...

Hmm, and here's something. My domain is at least resolving now, but still timing out before anything happens.

Resolves to 67.18.223.90... which according to DNSStuff.com is delta.serverseed.com at ThePlanet. Which is what my original email from Serverseed says (same IP). But then DNSStuff also says that delta.serverseed.com doesn't exist... so I have no idea.

#206 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

Ah, sorry, I didn't even realize I had a PM. Not used to IPB (I mostly use vBulletin).

Replied. :)

Also...

Hmm, and here's something. My domain is at least resolving now, but still timing out before anything happens.

Resolves to 67.18.223.90... which according to DNSStuff.com is delta.serverseed.com at ThePlanet. Which is what my original email from Serverseed says (same IP). But then DNSStuff also says that delta.serverseed.com doesn't exist... so I have no idea.

Apparently you broke the internet :)

Dan

#207 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

And I just sent you another PM. Did get a reply from Tyler finally! Timestamped after I sent that PM to you, Dan. Thank you so much! :)

#208 Brammy

Brammy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:52 AM

where can i find my ticket number?

my hosting isnt fixed lol

ty in advance

#209 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

where can i find my ticket number?

my hosting isnt fixed lol

ty in advance

It's in the email you get when you first submitted the support ticket.

Dan

#210 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:20 PM

;) I love it i cant even log in anymore. my email address isnt in your database anymore is what it says. I see how it is.

#211 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

<_< I love it i cant even log in anymore. my email address isnt in your database anymore is what it says. I see how it is.

Send an email direct: [email protected]

#212 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:15 PM

*sigh* Well... with Dan's help I finally got a reply from Tyler on my ticket. He said it was an isolated issue, and asked some questions about my account--which I answered.

But that was about 21 hours ago, and my site's still down and I haven't heard anything else from Tyler.

I'm happy that so many of you seem to have had your problems fixed, but the support still leaves something to be desired. And now my site has been down for going on 10 days. :/

#213 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

*sigh* Well... with Dan's help I finally got a reply from Tyler on my ticket. He said it was an isolated issue, and asked some questions about my account--which I answered.

But that was about 21 hours ago, and my site's still down and I haven't heard anything else from Tyler.

I'm happy that so many of you seem to have had your problems fixed, but the support still leaves something to be desired. And now my site has been down for going on 10 days. :/

Check your ticket status and see if it's updated. If not, respond to the ticket email and cc [email protected]

<_< I love it i cant even log in anymore. my email address isnt in your database anymore is what it says. I see how it is.

??? You seem logged in to me? You wouldn't have been able to post this message lol!

Dan

#214 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:23 AM

Check your ticket status and see if it's updated. If not, respond to the ticket email and cc [email protected]

No reply, so I replied via email and CCed Tyler.

Fingers crossed. :blink:

#215 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:05 PM

Well, I never did get a reply. ;)

Seems Tyler is missing in action again... at least when it comes to my ticket/problem.

#216 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:12 PM

Well, I give up.

I still have not received any further response, and my site is still down. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a host (I've been developing websites for about 9 years... been through a lot of hosts).

Tyler only responded to my ticket after Dan bugged him about it, then he went back to ignoring me without fixing the problem. I know Tyler is a friend... but he has not treated his customers well at all (as evidenced by this thread).

It doesn't seem like I'll be withdrawing my BBB complaint afterall.

Edit: For anyone interested: a screenshot of my support ticket: http://img300.images...portpic2by0.png

Edited by JoshC, 14 September 2006 - 03:33 PM.

#217 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:42 AM

i know youre only trying to help dan, but we shouldnt really have to pm you in order to get a support ticket answered by serverseed. i feel sorry for you josh, i know how you feel!

#218 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

Hey Josh - I've reforwarded your complaint and screenshot to the serverseed helpdesk, and I sent and email to Ty and Bill to contact me ASAP. Hopefully that will get some action for you.

i know youre only trying to help dan, but we shouldnt really have to pm you in order to get a support ticket answered by serverseed. i feel sorry for you josh, i know how you feel!

I know, but if my involvment can get some kind of expedited action for you guys for now, I don't mind doing it. Ty has made a commitment to turn things around over the next month or so while he gets new folks in place, so until then, I guess we either need to be patient, or find a new host. Either way, hopefully my involvment won't be necessary in the near future and you guys will get the service you expect with your account.

Dan

#219 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

I see nothing wrong in you remaining the front office lady Dan, short skirts always draw attention. :)

On a serious note I hope ty gets this all sorted soon and I'm sure he will.

JoshC I see a prob on your domain after reading your ticket will message to you K

#220 JoshC

JoshC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

Dan: I really appreciate all your help! :) Even if you did reject one of my tutorials a few days ago... lol (well, it was pretty basic, so I kind of expected that). By the way, there was a typo in the rejection email... you should check that. :D

Donna: yeah, I think I said a few posts ago (can't remember) that the domain seems to be resolving now... the server seems to be back up, but it times out before it connects. I don't think it's a nameserver issue because the namservers are still set as ns1.serverseed.com and ns2.serverseed.com ... unless Serverseed changed their nameservers (which I think I should have been told about!) ... I also just checked my GoDaddy control panel it it says the nameservers on my domain have been the same since May 30th 2005 when I first set them. :-/ I'm not sure why they wouldn't work now, when they did for almost 18 months.

I would be slightly less frustrated if I knew Ty was at least working on trying to fix the problem. Right now though, still no reply on my ticket. :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users