• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AnTone Media

AnTone Media

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge:<br />Photoshop, Image Ready, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Maya, Final Cut Pro, Quark Xpress<br /><br />Barely Know (Want to know more):<br />Flash/Actionscript, Audition, Premiere

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

I'm trying to get my site going but it's impossible to actually promote it. The only thing I can actually think of is getting some really really really really good tutorials on here and have people check it out. Is there any way to actually get traffic. Please please please I neeeeeeeeeeeed it

#2 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

- Google AdSense
- Submit your website to search engines (SEO)
- Affiliates
- Topsites...

They should boost up your traffic!

#3 AnTone Media

AnTone Media

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge:<br />Photoshop, Image Ready, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Maya, Final Cut Pro, Quark Xpress<br /><br />Barely Know (Want to know more):<br />Flash/Actionscript, Audition, Premiere

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:03 AM

ok..... adamrosso.... will you be one of my affiliates? :ph34r: lol

#4 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

When my site opens we can discuss somethig...

#5 AnTone Media

AnTone Media

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:46 AM

- Google AdSense
- Submit your website to search engines (SEO)
- Affiliates
- Topsites...

They should boost up your traffic!

Now it's gonna be kinda hard to find affiliates that wanna help since this morning, I got probably the worst email ever from the site I was hoping to get an affiliate from. I mean it is my first time actually telling someone, "Hey, I think your site kicks a lot of ass and I've been meaning to ask if I can have my little 88x31 image on your site. If you see my site, you can see that yours is already there." Damn that MickM.... damn him..... :P :D :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

#6 willsmith727

willsmith727

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

Submit tutorials to the tut sites, write unique articles if you've got some knowledge that can help people.

Have your sites URL on your msn name, in your signature, and everywhere you can think of. Chances are if they don't visit it straight away they will at a later date.

#7 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

From my experience, I think the best way to obtain traffic to your site is via QUALITY CONTENT. Forget these stupid affiliate links and top sites. Spend that time to produce some quality content that your visitors will enjoy.

One of the first tutorials on my site brought in more traffic than any top sites and affiliates combined. To my surprise, it turned out that people found the tutorial very helpful and they liked it. So the links began to spread, and the hits kept coming.

So, my point is, if your site offers something that your target audience finds helpful and original, THEY will do the advertising for you. The hits I receive from affiliates or directory sites are miniscule, so you should spend minimal time on that.

#8 Janeth

Janeth

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

I might be able to come up with a way to get traffic to your site but would first need to understand the site a little.

What’s the site about and how do you plan to make an income with the site?

#9 TextLinkBrokers

TextLinkBrokers

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

If this is a new site you'll need quality content, as was mentioned above, and links.

You need other websites to link to you - whether its to your home page, or internal pages. A mix of homepage and internal links is preferrable.

If this is a new site, chances are you're stuck in a virtual pergatory on Google -their supplemental index. That just means you haven't earned a "reputation" to appear in the main results.

And how you earn reputation is a combination of time, content and links. And since you just have to wait for the time part to expire you can work on your content and links.

If you are a good writer who can write link-worthy content then you can accomplish both tasks with just writing. For example, if you write something very newsworthy and can get it to show up elsewhere (via feeds for example) then others will link to it.

This is where a blog publishing platform comes in handy - it can take care of not only the page creation and management but also notifying the various services that there has been an update to your site.

If you aren't as crafty a writer, or just plain don't want to write then you need to focus on link building.

This can be time consuming, however it can also be rewarding.

First, complete a DMOZ submission. I know it may take months, if it gets accepted at all, but since Google relies heavily on them for your reputation it is a link you must attempt.

There are also a ton of niche directories out there. Just do a search for "keyword" directory - where "keyword" is a keyword important to you.

For example, when I search for "medical directory" in Google I get 102 million results. Now, granted not every site will accept submissions, nor give you a link but it's a good start.

Also, take a look at your competitors - see who is linking to them and see if you too can get a link from there.

#10 vvtopkar

vvtopkar

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

Anton,
What is your site about? I could consider affiliating with you (after i finish my site which is nearly done)

The best way to get traffic for a tut site is to publish tuts onto your site and then publish them to p2l. More people come to P2L than your site, but if they like your site and believe it has quality material, they'll bookmark you and come back often. The point isnt having traffic, its having the same people come back.

#11 SatanicPenguins

SatanicPenguins

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Web Design, Graphic Design, Internet.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

Least u got a response from MickM lol, he was either 2 busy to read mine, got into the spam folder, or just plain ignored my request lol.

Anyways, as i read through i spotted someone saying dont bother with top sites/affiliates (Don't listen to that)
When your sites just starting out, they can really help, Not really the traffic but it helps your site get crawled more frequently as well as boosting your PageRank

And if you're basing your entire site around ad-sense on making money, repeat visitors nice and all, But they figure out where your ads are, and only a select few "generous" loyal fans of yours might click them. So most of your repeat visitors are using bandwidth without any return (may sound horrible of me to say that but oh well :angrylooking:)

And people aren't lying about quality content being a major traffic getter.

Edited by SatanicPenguins, 30 July 2007 - 07:13 AM.

#12 PimpMyCom

PimpMyCom

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:45 AM

i have always found when starting a website the best way to get traffic to your website is finding websites in the same community and affiliate/link swap with them and that will get you on the map in no time.

#13 George Pinto

George Pinto

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:33 AM

Wow good thread. :yodasearch:

Well, all SEO are seeking this kind of information.
To get traffic in your site is really a tough job. If really want this, then you have to prepare a strong strategy for this. My experience says that You should try Social bookmarking sites and sites offering digging. Try - Del.icio.us , Digg, Technorati and Facebook , the most emerging community site in UK.

Hope this would help you a lot :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users