#1 Theros

Theros

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

Hey,

So I've been updating surely my new site, Small Blogs Network and it's getting some traffic. However, it's been slowing down a bit as I can't figure out a way to promote the site. I've emailed many webmasters of web galleries either to be ignored or to get a answer saying no... I've also submitted the site to Digg, Google, yahoo, and MSN. And now, I'm not really sure what to do. I've also read through the tutorials on Pixel2Life on marketting, nothing new there.

Can you guys give me some pointers or tips?

Thanks,

Theros

#2 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:59 AM

The main issue is that your site offers nothing new. There are so many galleries out there, so yours is just another small fish in a big sea. If you aren't offering anything unique, why would people visit your site as opposed to any of the other hundreds of galleries?

Come up with a unique catch for the site, and it will gain people's interest.

#3 Theros

Theros

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

The main issue is that your site offers nothing new. There are so many galleries out there, so yours is just another small fish in a big sea. If you aren't offering anything unique, why would people visit your site as opposed to any of the other hundreds of galleries?

Come up with a unique catch for the site, and it will gain people's interest.

Really? Can you give me a list of similar sites that offer similar services? And how would I go about this?

#4 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

Google "site gallery."

#5 Theros

Theros

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:32 PM

Google "site gallery."

True, but isn't this more of a niche gallery than let's say CSS Beauty?

#6 Axeraider67

Axeraider67

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:34 PM

A good way to start out a site would be to find a group of people (who are hopefully your friends) who are all interested in the same thing as you are.

Create your website, get them into it, and you have a small community of active users. This small community can either burn out or grow depending on how dedicated you and the team are, but your main concern is getting the word out there.

I know you said you've told other webmasters about your site and have been shut down- so find some smaller communities and affiliate with them! No harm in that, because you can both mutually gain off of each other. Eventually you will have a chain of small communities that are linked together- and will generate more traffic off each other!

Hope this has helped.

#7 Theros

Theros

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:28 AM

A good way to start out a site would be to find a group of people (who are hopefully your friends) who are all interested in the same thing as you are.

Create your website, get them into it, and you have a small community of active users. This small community can either burn out or grow depending on how dedicated you and the team are, but your main concern is getting the word out there.

I know you said you've told other webmasters about your site and have been shut down- so find some smaller communities and affiliate with them! No harm in that, because you can both mutually gain off of each other. Eventually you will have a chain of small communities that are linked together- and will generate more traffic off each other!

Hope this has helped.

Okay, thanks for the idea. I contacted web galleries only before, so now I might look for smaller forums, or tutorial sites, or the like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users