18 replies to this topic

#1 xphen0m

xphen0m

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:49 AM

I'm using Photoshop CS2, and whenever I use "Save for Web" using a file that has slices, I can't save the slices as a .JPG even if I selected JPG under the presets dropdown list. It'll always save as a .GIF file. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Edited by xphen0m, 27 April 2007 - 10:50 AM.

#2 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

Try to select JPG for all the slices individually.

#3 xphen0m

xphen0m

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

Sorry, but that didn't work.

#4 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

are you able to save images as JPG via the normal "save as" without going trough the save for web dialouge?

#5 xphen0m

xphen0m

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, I can save JPGs by going through the "Save As" option. However, whenever there's slices involved and I go to "Save for Web", it'll only save it as a .GIF.

Edited by xphen0m, 27 April 2007 - 01:07 PM.

#6 Jacorre

Jacorre

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, Internet, Graphic/Web Design, Music, Soccer

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

You need to choose JPG as the file type you want your slices saved as when optimizing. There's an option for it but I'm not in front of Photoshop at the moment. I can remember that there's a palette that has a drop down with different file types.

#7 xphen0m

xphen0m

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

That's what I did, and it still won't let me save it as a JPG.

#8 CAMILLUS

CAMILLUS

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, I can save JPGs by going through the "Save As" option. However, whenever there's slices involved and I go to "Save for Web", it'll only save it as a .GIF.

UHM.. YEAH... THE SAVE AS WEBB .. IS ONLY FOR .GIF PROPERIES.. I USE IT TO SAVE MY ANIMATION LIKE MYSIGNAURE BELOW.. TRY SAVING IT DIFFERENTLY

#9 xphen0m

xphen0m

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

No, it's not just for saving .GIFs because I used to save .JPGs using "Save for Web" all the time.

#10 CAMILLUS

CAMILLUS

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

HMM.. HAVE U TRIED SAVING IT AS THE CLASSIC SAVE AS ? OR.. TRY SAVING IT AT PAINT ?.

#11 xphen0m

xphen0m

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

No, I need to save it as slices. The only app that'll allow me to do that is Photoshop and ImageReady. I need to save the slices as JPGs using "Save for Web" (like I used to do all the time) using Photoshop. I know it can be done because I've done it countless times before.

#12 CAMILLUS

CAMILLUS

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

HMMM... then we have to wait for the others to reply i am no help ... havnt save any other art file of mine with slices.. sorry once agen

#13 heronfree

heronfree

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

Had the same problem.

The save process is deceiving. Use 'save for web': when the slice screen comes up you must choose the 'select slice tool' icon on the upper left column. This will allow you to then click on each slice individually and choose either 'gif' or 'jpg'. A nice feature if you are using both line art and photos on your web page.

Once you're happy with each slice format save the whole file. Even if photoshop only gives you the 'save as .gif' option to finalize the save process the jpg slices will still be there in the /images directory after the save.

Cheers
  • susanann likes this

#14 Qamar Abbas

Qamar Abbas

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

I have faced same problem. and this is not photo shop problem. what i understand when we slice an image by default png file format is selected. What u need when the slice dialog appears u just select the slice tool from the upper left corner and zoom out ur web page and select all slices and then select image type to jpeg. now click save button. then select all slice or what u require usually i use all user slice these are the slices which are made by user. finally hit the save button and all or selected slice will be saved in jpeg.

#15 _*aprillove20_*

_*aprillove20_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

Anyways, You need to choose JPG as the file type you want your slices saved as when optimizing.

#16 sateesh

sateesh

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

I have been facing the same problem. I know the way of selecting slices with slice tool. But, I have more than 150 slices in a document. Anybody please tell me the solution.

#17 sateesh

sateesh

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

Hurry! I got it.  I tweaked the "Save for web devices" option in different ways and finally I got this. 

Please follow the steps for solution.

Step1: Go to save for web and devices

Step2: Zoom out (if necessary). Choose slice selection tool

Step3: Select all slices by dragging the Slice selection tool (to cover all slices).

Step4: Now, we selected all of the slices. Then, select any one format like JPEG, GIF or PNG. It sets the all slices as one format.(ex: jpg, low quality, 10)

Step5: Choose destination and Save it. That's it.

Enjoy!!

Edited by sateesh, 08 April 2014 - 05:34 AM.

#18 sateesh

sateesh

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

No, I need to save it as slices. The only app that'll allow me to do that is Photoshop and ImageReady. I need to save the slices as JPGs using "Save for Web" (like I used to do all the time) using Photoshop. I know it can be done because I've done it countless times before.

Yes, I used the same process. But some times, by default it can save user slices as GIFs only. So you want to get rid of it, Please follow the below steps. I tweaked the "Save for web devices" option in different ways and finally I got this.(There is an another option called "optimize to file size". I will let you know in future about this.)

Please follow the steps for solution.

Step1: Go to save for web and devices

Step2: Zoom out (if necessary). Choose slice selection tool

Step3: Select all slices by dragging the Slice selection tool (to cover all slices).

Step4: Now, we selected all of the slices. Then, select any one format like JPEG, GIF or PNG. It sets the all slices as one format.(ex: jpg, low quality, 10)

Step5: Choose destination and Save it. That's it.

Enjoy!!

#19 Carlosflep

Carlosflep

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

http://kempchelocent...x-love-mp3.html Sex love mp3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users