• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image

Everyone wants to stand out from the crowd. Most of the time when your sitting on the train, 90% of your fellow passengers hsve their earholes stuffed with white earbuds. But this tutorial will help you stand out form the crowd with your very own custom interface. Need i say more? Well continue to the next page!

Step 1: Grab some firmware!
In this tutorial i'll be changing my iPod Video's (30GB) interface. This tutorial works for a huge range of MP3 player's so hopefully it will work for yours. We'll be using the open source project Rockbox to change our interface as it works great and it's 100% free!
We'll need to get some firmware so we have the program. Head over to Rockbox's Firmware page and look for your player's firmware. Once you have downloaded it extract .rockbox to the root of your player.

Step 2: Patching Up

Next you'll need to head over to Rockbox's Bootloader page so you actually make the program function. Download your player's patcher and then run it.

Step 3: All done!
That was short hey? Now all you need to do is download some cool themes for you player. Head over to Rockbox's Theme page and look for one that you like. Once you have downloaded it extract it to your player's .rockbox folder. Now turn on your mp3 player. You should see Rockbox's loading screen pop-up whilst the program is loading, when it has finished loading head over to Settings > Browse Themes > Select the theme you just installed. Looks neat ay? Head over to Database and play a song so you can see what the interface of that.

Extra: Games!?
If you headover to Plugins you'll notice ALOT of old arcade games like Bubbles,etc. I thought they were pretty neat and a good way to waste time. Have fun!

I hope you enjoyed this short but helpful tutorial and soon i'll teach you how to make your very own interface. Have fun!
  • klztiiqy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users