4 replies to this topic

#1 Gathanderoth

Gathanderoth

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:09 AM

When I make somthing in photoshop and save it as a jpeg and then I view the jpeg the colour is different. This usually only happends with the colour green. When I make somthing with the colour green and save it as a jpeg in the jpeg the green comes out darker then it should. I have played around in photoshop but cant figure out why this is happening.

Cheers

James

#2 Andrei Doubrovski

Andrei Doubrovski

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

Hi James,
It looks like your Photoshop uses Adobe RGB color space for displaying images (while browsers use sRGB gamma). Open color setting dialog (Edit > Color Settings) and check your color preferences.

- "Adobe RGB" gamma is wider and better suites for print.
- If you mainly work for Web, set your working RGB color space to "sRGB" (narrower) color space.

Attached Files

#3 Gathanderoth

Gathanderoth

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:04 PM

Hey Andrei

I played around with the colour settings and changed it from RGB to sRGB but the green colour still comes out darker than it should when I view it as a jpeg. I then started playing around in photoshop to see if it was somthing else that was coursing this to happen and I changed it from RGB to CMYK (Image > Mode > CMYK Colour) and now when I view it as a jpeg the green comes out exactly how it shoud but now the other colours are all messed up dont look as good as they did when I had RGB selected.

#4 Andrei Doubrovski

Andrei Doubrovski

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:16 AM

By converting RGB image to CMYK you loose image information (RGB gamma is wider than CMYK)
If your image is intended for press (and not for desktop printer), Adobe Help file suggests converting it to CMYK as final step.

If you want just preview image in other color spaces, use "Soft Proof" function:
- First, define your proof colors (e.g. View > Proof Setup > Working CMYK)
- Now you can switch between your working RGB and "proof" view by pressing [Ctrl+Y]

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

Is green the only color that is messed up? Photopaint does this by default actually, it's that damn color management stuff. Not sure if Photoshop has a color management setting, but you might want check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users