#1 HysteriA

HysteriA

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

While following this tutorial: http://www.pixel2lif...oduction/page2/

i get a large green x thats used to mark the center of the composition on the Partole World layer, note i didnt add this myself. When i render as an avi the green x is still there. I just assumed it was used as a visual marker, but i cant find in the settings where to remove it.

project file is on laptop, so if a screenshot is needed let me know.

#2 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

Hey HysteriA :huh:

I've also encountered that problem before, but mainly for Trapcode effects for AE. The reason being was that the version I was running had not yet been registered (it was still classed as a demo/trial) - so until I had a serial key or similar, that red cross (or green in your case) stayed there.

Although, what I find strange is that CC Particle World is actually apart of the AE install, right? So why would it be a demo? lol

#3 HysteriA

HysteriA

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

theres no reason as why it should be there. If i try getting a seperate CC paricle world (or plugin for those) and entering a key for that. Would that fix the problem?

#4 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:45 AM

Sent you a PM :huh:

#5 vvtopkar

vvtopkar

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

hm, well, I would try putting in your AE cd and replacing the CC plugins with the ones on your disk, maybe the ones on your comp are corrupt and think that they need verification

#6 AeWade

AeWade

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

argh...

I have the same problem...
What did you end up doing?

P.S. I have windows vista... and Adobe After Effects 8.0

#7 casper10451

casper10451

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:26 AM

argh...

I have the same problem...
What did you end up doing?

P.S. I have windows vista... and Adobe After Effects 8.0

does any1 has the particle world plug in ...if u do can u send it 2 my email pls .....
[email protected]

thank u

#8 graymachine

graymachine

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:56 AM

Being that there hasn't been an answer to this, set...

Grid = off

#9 Lou_

Lou_

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:37 AM

does any1 have the particle world plug in ...if u do can u send it 2 my email pls .....
[email protected]

thank u

Hey Casper,

Did you get this Plug? because my After Effects program is telling me to install the "CC Particle World" Simulation Plug-in from the install cd and I don't have it. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

#10 feelthefunk

feelthefunk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:57 AM

Hey HysteriA :biggrin:

I've also encountered that problem before, but mainly for Trapcode effects for AE. The reason being was that the version I was running had not yet been registered (it was still classed as a demo/trial) - so until I had a serial key or similar, that red cross (or green in your case) stayed there.

Although, what I find strange is that CC Particle World is actually apart of the AE install, right? So why would it be a demo? lol

I have the same problem and can't figure this out. How do you get that green X off?

#11 vvtopkar

vvtopkar

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

As I said before, have you guys tried uninstalling and re-installing AE? The actual plugin is probably corrupt.

Alternatively, I have heard that since it is a single plugin file (or maybe folder) within the actual AE root folder, you can get that file/folder from someone who has a working copy and replace it with the corrupt one you have right now.

#12 feelthefunk

feelthefunk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

As I said before, have you guys tried uninstalling and re-installing AE? The actual plugin is probably corrupt.

Alternatively, I have heard that since it is a single plugin file (or maybe folder) within the actual AE root folder, you can get that file/folder from someone who has a working copy and replace it with the corrupt one you have right now.

Anyone know where i can find a copy? I just want to get back to trying to make some movies and I dont know anyone that can help me.

#13 Jurnky

Jurnky

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

Anytime, bud :)

#14 fm2501

fm2501

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

Anytime, bud :google:

hey thanks, jurnky. Got an account just to say thanks =)

#15 theguy

theguy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

I am having the same issue,

could someone PM me if they have the File, then I will reply with my email & lots of 'thank you's.

:)

#16 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

I'd say with 99% confidence the reason people get this is because they are using illegal copies of After Effects. Most of the rips out there don't install the actual CC effects registration info (any of them not just particle world) and thus the green X's. CC effects are developed by a third party, not Adobe itself, so the cracks you use aren't taking that into account. Which IIRC using or talking about how to use pirated software is a no-no on this board. If you use it, go buy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users