Photo

[REQ] How to make a Seal system like versign?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pixel3

Pixel3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

I searched all over the world a for a script or something that is about the same ... what I need is lets say you have a site you sell something and people start selling replica of it and I have resellers and I want my resellers to have a seal (logo) in their website somewhere that when people click they see it is a real reseller not a scam like Verisign's Trust logo or BBB's Seal you click a small pop up comes up and shows you if it is really secure with Verisign it has a ID and a serial for the user and everything ... hope someone can help me with this . There is also some top sites that use this and people put on their website and it show how much stars it has and everything. If anyone could give me a lead I would really appreciate ... :angrylooking: thanks in advance and also some sites have the seal as a ruban in the right corner on top of everything . this owuld be cool aswell :P

Pixel3

#2 vvtopkar

vvtopkar

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:01 AM

Well,
The way verisign works is that it provides SSL encryption certificates to websites (which literally cost thousands of dollars), thats what the banner means. It means that its encrypted using verisigns certs, so you know its safe. If you're a master coder, with a lot of time, then you could do it (maybe) but it'll be extremely hard otherwise. Ill get back to you on this.

#3 Pixel3

Pixel3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:20 AM

vvtopkar we are in 2008 and you never got back on this to me ... what I mean is I want to make a site that tells people about a hosting company so people can click the seal and see if it's a real one and if it is a good hosting company with stars and stuff. I want to make my own seal website and provide seals ...

#4 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:58 AM

vvtopkar we are in 2008 and you never got back on this to me ... what I mean is I want to make a site that tells people about a hosting company so people can click the seal and see if it's a real one and if it is a good hosting company with stars and stuff. I want to make my own seal website and provide seals ...

:o Can't believe you waited this long lol, anyways most major registrars have SSL Certs and if I'm correct are the only ones apart from private companys like Verisign that can do it.

Making your own pretty sure is illegal to fool people (haven't checked but never seen a little guy do their own) you could probably do but it would mean nothing as your unknown.

GoDaddy does it https://certs.godadd...m/Repository.go SSL certificate application is accessed via your Go Daddy customer account, as for other registrars I'm sure Google will tell you.

Also http://www.verisign.com/ssl/

not a scam like Verisign's Trust logo

maybe your wires are crossed somewhere cus that's a load of :) what you wrote.

As for hosting you'd be better of asking at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ I know I've never seen one and if I did would never trust or believe anything like that.

Otherwise look through http://www.pixel2lif...arch/all/ssl/1/

#5 Pixel3

Pixel3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

I din't mean to make any site with SSL I want ot make my own seal system so lets say a product I let peopel put my seal if the product is safe clean and real then people click the seal and verify then I can make lets say a about penis growth pills verification I go to all the site that sales penis growth stuff and tell them I let you put my seal for verification for your costumers conversion and to have it you will have to proove me that your product is safe clean and real.

#6 Pixel3

Pixel3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

it is 2009 now and still didn't fidn the thing I was looking for :yodasearch:

I want to be able to make seals for peopel with the date changing like mcafee secure

#7 DNI Web Design

DNI Web Design

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:00 AM

:P
Are you still waiting for an answer? I believe I know exactly what you are talking about and what you want, and I should be able to create something for you that will work this way for pretty cheap, if you wish.

If you're interested send me a PM.

#8 Pixel3

Pixel3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:02 AM

Yeah man I am serious I am still waiting now I sent you a PM sorry for the delay.

#9 Pixel3

Pixel3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

LOL this page got 1 PageRank

#10 Pixel3

Pixel3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

This is so frustrating because I still did not find any clone or anything someone selling a guide or something on how to make one of these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users