• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dragolux

Dragolux

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I love computers! I love Photoshop, Flash, Blender, Firefox, I love, well, EVERYTHING!!<br /><br />:D

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

Hey everyone,

I just downloaded Visual C++ 2008 Express today, and I also downloaded DarkGDK. Everything went well. I got VC08, DarkGDK, and also installed DirectX 9.0 SDK, and I was really excited! I read the Dark GDK installation PDF, and fixed a few include errors, but then when I compiled the program, I got this error:

1>------ Build started: Project: Dark GDK - 2D Game1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>basic3D.lib(DBOMesh.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCleanMesh@24 referenced in function "bool __cdecl MakeLODMeshFromMesh(struct sMesh *,int,struct sMesh * *)" (?MakeLODMeshFromMesh@@YA_NPAUsMesh@@HPAPAU1@@Z)
1>system.lib(dxdiaginfo.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DxDiagProvider referenced in function "public: long __thiscall CDxDiagInfo::Init(int)" (?Init@CDxDiagInfo@@QAEJH@Z)
1>system.lib(dxdiaginfo.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDxDiagProvider referenced in function "public: long __thiscall CDxDiagInfo::Init(int)" (?Init@CDxDiagInfo@@QAEJH@Z)
1>Debug\Dark GDK - 2D Game1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://g:\Documents and Settings\Photoshop Fanatic\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - 2D Game1\Dark GDK - 2D Game1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Dark GDK - 2D Game1 - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I almost died. ;)

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please post it quickly!

Thanks in advance!

Ben

#2 Encrypt

Encrypt

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:14 AM

well, as the IDE i use is dev-cpp, i've never encountered these problems but msdn contains all documentation about VC++ errors, so best try here for the LNK2019 error:

http://msdn2.microso...e2z(VS.80).aspx - this link should contain all the information needed to fix the error, all you have to do is fix the illegal code (in your source code) according to the msdn reference and you should be good to go.

from what i have read of the LNK1120, it basically sums up all the errors so once you fix the three LNK2019 errors, it should go away with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users