• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

OK guys, this is what fell in 24 hours... the snow around here was melting and was very much gone, but we just got a huge storm. When I woke up, here's what it looked like:

This is my patio door that leads to a balcony that overlooks my back yard:

Posted Image

Ok this is the back door that opens up to my lawn... so basically you open the door, go up a couple of steps and it's my lawn. This is the door... note that the window on the door is on the TOP half of the door:

Posted Image

Here's what you see looking out the window... you can see the snow is actually up against the door halfway up the window lol!

Posted Image

And here's my yard... the snow goes right up to the top of the fence and for reference, the small grey shed is 8' tall.

Posted Image

Not even going to show the front, it's just too depressing plus I shovelled it all so it's not as dramatic :P

Dan

#2 Mortally

Mortally

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Metal, lolz, comic books, guns, games, message boards, photoshop

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

Looks a lot like what I had a couple years ago living in my hometown.

And it was a school day too. :P

Animals let out to "use the restroom" are gonna looooooove that. ^_^

#3 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

cool :P

#4 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

OLD NEWS :P

#5 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

Wow, looks like fun ^_^ It's bloody hot here now so looking at this snow makes me feel a little better :P

#6 vvtopkar

vvtopkar

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

Lol thats a lot like what we get in spring in Colorado, its Wicked! Snow days and all :P

#7 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Was working at 8h00 AM... woke up at 4h30 AM and finished shoveling around 6h45 AM... took me 1h to get downtown Montreal...

#8 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Saw this on the news tonight and my sister in law emailed me pics from Ottawa, we had 50cm dumped on us 2nd/3rd March but they don't close schools here.

#9 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Ahh I'm so happy I don't live there! Our snow is melting! I hope its gone soon, I'm ready for spring.

#10 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:24 PM

Saw this on the news tonight and my sister in law emailed me pics from Ottawa, we had 50cm dumped on us 2nd/3rd March but they don't close schools here.

They had to here... because of the snow on the sides of the streets, the school buses can't pass until they pick it all up so the students can't get to school lol!

#11 bobbobicus

bobbobicus

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign.. I'm a geek!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:03 AM

Lmao, most snow we get around here is the horrble slush, usually rains straight after anyway...

#12 DeathWish^!

DeathWish^!

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop :)

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

cool ! hardley ever snows here i like snow !

#13 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

They had to here... because of the snow on the sides of the streets, the school buses can't pass until they pick it all up so the students can't get to school lol!

Same here except we're not allowed to park on the streets here when it snows and the plow guys work the main bus routes all through the night.

#14 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Guitar, Basketball

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

No snow in Brasil :/ never....
But weather does get cold, and our winter is right around the corner :censored:

Summer for me is only good if im at the beach, when im home like now having to wake up at 6:00 to go to school i hate it, winter is better.

#15 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Same here except we're not allowed to park on the streets here when it snows and the plow guys work the main bus routes all through the night.

In Montreal it seems that people don't understand what a NO PARKING SIGN is lol... so they can't take the snow out until they figure out it's because of them the truck didn't pass. :censored:

#16 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

When it snows here (Even when it snows a lot!) we don't get out of school lol. We get out if the powers out for an hour lol. Mainly because most of the rooms don't have windows.

#17 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

In Montreal it seems that people don't understand what a NO PARKING SIGN is lol... so they can't take the snow out until they figure out it's because of them the truck didn't pass. :angrylooking:

Here you get towed. I'd be worried living there, if buses can't get through main routes what about emergencey services?

When it snows here (Even when it snows a lot!) we don't get out of school lol. We get out if the powers out for an hour lol. Mainly because most of the rooms don't have windows.

same over here wouldn't matter if 6ft dropped overnight they still go to school, but why don't your classrooms have windows? you sitting in igloo's lol

#18 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:08 AM

when i was in oregon if it snoed like 3 inches snow would be closed, cool huh?:angrylooking:

#19 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

same over here wouldn't matter if 6ft dropped overnight they still go to school, but why don't your classrooms have windows? you sitting in igloo's lol

Lots of our class rooms are in the inner area of the school. Some do have windows. Kind of a fire hazzard i guess haha.

#20 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

Whoa, here in Toronto we got some snow but not that that much I found... but back home my mom said it was about as bad as you Faken.... and us school is usually open and plus I never took the bus... I usually either walked or too my snow mobile to school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users