9 replies to this topic

#1 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:05 AM

Is there any risk in using AdSense, as in losing money, google wanting money off me for whatever reason?

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Not that I know of, if they suspect your clicks are fraudulent you just won't get paid. It's only adwords that will take your $$$

#3 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

Ok, then there is no harm in trying I guess :-)

Thx for the reply

#4 *chrisjones*

*chrisjones*

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

Google is extremly good at picking out people who click their own ads. And they are also good at detecting clicking groups. Watch yourself you stivk to the TOS you will be fine

#5 SatanicPenguins

SatanicPenguins

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Web Design, Graphic Design, Internet.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:35 AM

You'll be set munk :)

They wont rob you at gunpoint.

I've heard a few horror storys where people go
"I made $99.99 dollars and they canceled my account! i didn't click on my own stuff!"
But I've had it for over 2 years probably, And I've been alright.

Worst case scenario, as stated by the above poster, They cancel you and you lose all money currently riding in that account.

Yahoo also has a identical setup as adsense with contextual text ads, if you didn't know. I've heard they pay slightly more per click, and are more tolerant.

Edited by SatanicPenguins, 04 February 2009 - 01:35 AM.

#6 ewebber

ewebber

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Is there any risk in using AdSense, as in losing money, google wanting money off me for whatever reason?

There are no direct harm in adsense, but I suggest you read all the rules and policy and follow them as much as possible. However depending on the website you making adsense can help you generate a good income or it can run your website to hell. Don't place wayyyyyyyyyy too many ads, because it will stop from people to come to your site, and if your running a product selling website or affiliate website keep in mind that you have no control what ads show up on your website with adsense!!

Cheers
Steve

#7 synn

synn

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:30 AM

Well, there is no risk in using adsense. Only thing you need to do is keep adsense account safe from spammers and don't click on your own ads. Also don't put too many ads on webpage, i lost few visitors on my design blog because of that.

#8 IM4U

IM4U

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

I wouldnt say that it could harm your site but I should say that you should approach the addition of adsense to your website with caution. First off if you are promoting or selling products on your website you will want to be sure to have a firm grasp of your sites metrics. For example if you sell x aomunt of a product per every y visitors, you will want to be sure that the addition of adsense does not decrease your conversions. This same example would apply to any opt-in form you may have on your site or what have you. Also the amount of money you make from adsense is dependent on the keywords that google feels is relevant to your site which in turn effects the type of ads displayed. Depending on what advertisers will pay per click you can earn a high amount of money per click or if they bid a low price on the keywords then you will make less money from adsense.Thats just my two cents though.

#9 tutcove

tutcove

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

It wont harm you no. Like said above the worst is you earn a lot and they cancel your account. You can always contact them and ask why, they might re open it if it does get closed

#10 pearlofei

pearlofei

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:143040

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

Another reminder NOT to post a reply to ANY spam thread. I will delete the user and all the posts in one step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users