Photo

Photoshop CS4 Text - No New Line When Hitting Return (Enter)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mathijs1988

Mathijs1988

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:24 AM

Greetings,

I have this weird problem. In photoshop cs4 when I type text I get no new line when I hit return (enter). I tried resetting my photoshop settings, tried to reconfigure my keyboard settings etc etc. Nothing worked! Anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution to it?

#2 The-Pixel

The-Pixel

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Web Design and Development

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:56 AM

I could not find alot of information regarding your CS4 issue http://www.google.co...amp;btnG=Search
I'm sorry I wasn't more helpful.

#3 sybrexx

sybrexx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

I found an easy solution to a problem I have no immediate answer. This was after re-installing PS, which didnt change things

Open up an old file in which you used paragraphs with returns in it.

Drag that text box to your new file and use that

That seemed to do the trick. the issue might have been with some setting somewhere which I could n't locate either, but doing it this way kind of resets whatever weird default it was stuck on.
thats all that matters.

Though it appeared to have nothing to do with the keyboard settings.

#4 petetoy

petetoy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:27 AM

Hey
I know this post is a little old but i have just upgraded to CS4 and have struck the same problem.
I am hoping someone has found a solution to this as it beginning to seriously frustrate me ;)
I don't have any paragraphs to copy from an old project either and need another solution/workaround.

#5 vovin

vovin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

hi, finally I found someone with the same problem... but with no answer

Can anybody help us with this?

I don't know if it's something wrong with the system as it seems is not related with the software's settings

I use windows 7 (beta) 64bit
and ATI mobility radeon HD 3650

#6 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:25 PM

Are you sure your text box is large enough to display the line below it? If you hit enter and your font is too big to fit in the text box it will not display it. Drag your text box the full size of your comp and then try it.

#7 Donnakaran1

Donnakaran1

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:44 AM

The second portion is often known as the DMCA anti-circumvention provisions. These provisions changed the remedies for the circumvention of copy-prevention systems (also called "technical protection measures") and required that all analog video recorders have support for a specific form of copy prevention created by Macrovision (now Rovi Corporation) built in, giving Macrovision an effective monopoly on the analog video-recording copy-prevention market. However, section 1201© of the title clarified that the title does not change the underlying substantive copyright infringement rights, remedies, or defenses. The title contains other limitations and exemptions, including for research and reverse engineering in specified situations.

#8 _*aprillove20_*

_*aprillove20_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:30 AM

Hello...I have also encounter same problem. Any ideas of this?

#9 random14344

random14344

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

i had this prob before.. i searched all over the net and found no answer..

what happened was.. in the character tab.. the leading was set to 1000+pts..
so when you try to hit enter.. the next line goes 1000+pts below..

#10 HEki_

HEki_

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Try holding down shift key+enter. Let me know if it works ...

#11 metalmoon

metalmoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

This solution worked for me, courtesy of JLBerry at the Photoshop Guru forums:

Posted Image

Attached Files

#12 jack101

jack101

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Travel and eating.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:45 AM

Thanks metalmoon, but what I did was just to reinstall the fresh copy of Photoshop when I encountered the same problem.

#13 Tosti

Tosti

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:17 AM

For everybody who are still searching for an solution.

Turn off NumLock, then hit return to create a new line. (not the return-button on your numeric-keyboard)

cheers

#14 suliam

suliam

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

I found that the problem was the setting of the leading in the Character panel. Somehow my leading got set to 1 pt and badness ensued. I reset it to (auto) and everything is shiny now.

Just thought I'd put that up 'cause this is the only place I could find this problem mentioned and all of the other solutions failed for me. Not least the NumLock one, since I have a MacBook less than three years old.

Actually, this is similar to what random14344 said, but... meh... I didn't catch it.

#15 roicarl

roicarl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Thanks a lot metalmoon. Your tip to "Reset Tool" worked for me and I have CS3. To get the "Tool Reset" to display I had to click on the right arrow which is above and to the left of your "New Tool Preset"

#16 akuswara

akuswara

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

i think there is a difference between the ENTER key in the keypad and the ENTER key in the alphabet. i hold SHIFT-ENTER (the alphabet enter) it works, but if i do SHIFT-ENTER (numeric pad's enter) it doesn't work.

#17 _*shaangraphics_*

_*shaangraphics_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

What is the best way to remove unwanted background from a image? Some People use Magic Wand Tool to remove background of a image. But the edge of the object become crispy.
In Manual Clipping the edge of a object 100% drawn manually by Photoshop pen tool. The edge of clipping path is best than other tools work. www.shaangraphics.com helps beginners to do there background removing jobs for free. Please contact.

#18 XiaoLai

XiaoLai

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

on Character tab....try to reset your Character settings....that should do the trick! I only use point text, never used a textbox ever! I always have this trouble in Photoshop, at first I just create another text layer as I'm always in a rush...but with the recent issue, I had more time to find a way to fix it....and resetting the Characters helped!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users