#1 irsath

irsath

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

Friends,
I have got a confusion with adobe photo shop and Adobe Illustrator...

I have been working for 2 years in Adobe Photo shop , Dream weaver and Firework... I am planning to study Adobe Illustrator. But Before I use that I want ask something about Illustrator.

What are the big different s between Adobe Photo shop and Illustrator ?
Can we do all things, which what we can do in Adobe Illustrator ?
For web designing which is compatible? Adobe Photo shop or Illustrator ?

Waiting for your response....

Bye

#2 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

I don't know the exact differences but if I'm right Illustrator is a vector based drawing program. It's mostly used for designing things that will go to print. Like logos or posters and stuff like that.

But as for the webdesign part of it. I think it can do a good job at that also. It also has a slicing tool to slice up your site templates and easily sets them up for web. Illustrator just can't do photo manipulation like photoshop can. Like all the filters and what not.

But yeah don't take my word as it being 100% concrete and if some one wants to correct me on these please go right ahead.

#3 worldnet

worldnet

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:21 AM

Photoshop is for photos. It is good for photo manipulation and fixing, and stores information as pixels, called a rasterized file. Illstrator is for creating digital art, usually from scratch. It saves information as lined called Vectors. They have differetn applications and uses, but cn be used together to create an overall pice of art.

#4 basujansa1010

basujansa1010

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

worldnet i am agree with you. but i have another question. if any one wish to use photoshop and illustrator in web design. which will work accurately or which one should use?

#5 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

Both work acurately, I'm not sure what you're asking by that. Photoshop allows you to view all your work at different compression levels in the same screen so you can figure out how you want to output your files. Really you don't say which is better for web, it's a matter of what you are wanting to create. They are like a hammer and a saw, one you use to drive nails and one is used to cut wood, you use both and when used correctly they are rarely interchangeable. If you are serious about your work then you will inevitably use both in your career.

#6 follis

follis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:22 AM

The difference is so simple Illustrator is a vector based program which allows you to draw vector items whereas photo shop is mainly for photo manipulation.

#7 RyanMoster

RyanMoster

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:05 AM

Adobe Photo shop, or simply Photo shop, is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems where as An illustration is a visualization such as a drawing, painting, photograph or other work of art that stresses subject more than form

#8 hurr

hurr

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

A lot of you seem to be over complicating things in my opinion.

Photoshop primiarly can be used to create and modify raster based graphics (bitmaps). Illustrator however, is meant to create and modityvector based graphics.

Heres the difference: Posted Image

Personally, I find Photoshop adequate in terms of Web Design as it does have some room for Vector graphics (i.e. the Pen Tool), but I do use Illustrator now and again for things like icon creation and the like.

#9 digital signage

digital signage

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Digital signage software solutions

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

Hi.. every body

The biggest difference between Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is of course the resolution. The major issue with resolution is that it is like a human hair – you can always cut it off but you can’t add on to it. This is where vectors come in. Be in web or print, the true test of an image’s integrity is its output. Adobe Illustrator takes some key elements of Adobe Photoshop to the next level and beyond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users