Photo

Beginner needs help with transparency and flash!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matt_kauzlarich

matt_kauzlarich

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

Hey P2L community... I've been told many great things about you guys.

Let me begin by introducing myself. I'm a 20 year-old graphic design student, and I'm a self-proclaimed wizard at Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, but I've never been able to fully master web design and coding in any regard.

Recently I've realized a need for myself to have my own personal portfolio website. To make a long story short, I ended up winning a contest and getting a full Flash website for free. I've figured out most of the issues I've wanted fix or customize, but I have been stumped in this one pursuit and am turning to you for help!

I was hoping to use transparent backgrounds on my logo designs to allow for easy transitioning if I was to change the colors/layout of the site. But every time I try to use a transparent .png file I receive a black background. Is this a .png problem or a coding issue?

Here's an image of what I am talking about:

Posted Image

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you in advance for any help! I'll do my best to give you as much help from my side as I can!

Matt Kauzlarich

Attached Files

#2 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

I'm presuming the NHS logo is a flash embed since you posted this in the Flash help forum...

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

meh, I'll just simplify it, you already have the <object> code in there obviously.

http://kb2.adobe.com...2/tn_14201.html

Edited by Hayden, 16 November 2009 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users