No replies to this topic

#1 pr0jectile

pr0jectile

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hey guys, I know this forum isn't the right place to ask but just incase there are some PC gurus about, I need some quick help on my drive problem I'm having at the moment.

I've paritioned my hard-drive (500Gb) about 5 months ago into 5 seperate paritions and ever since I've been having problems with applications running from a particular partition (1 out of the 5 partitions).

Whenever I login to my account, the applications (which start up automatically from that partition) say they are unable to write to the drive because I have no write privledges to it (I am admin on my PC by the way and I definitely have write privledges because I have checked the Security tab).

So every session I have on my account, I have to right click on the drive, go to properties, tools tab, check errors and automatically fix errors/fix and recover bad sectors of the drive. This usually fixes the errors for that session and if I log out or start the pc up again, the errors come back.

At first I found this very annoying but ever since I got used to going through this whenever I login to my pc.

However, the problem was that today when I went through the steps, the problem wasn't gone. The applications arent launching manually and show the same error message and they normally do.

Is there any other method which would wipe clean these errors or maybe fix this part of the partition permanently without me having to remove data from it/lose any data? Because I don't think the windows one (I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit) actually fixes them.

Regards,

pr0jectile.

Edited by pr0jectile, 26 March 2010 - 11:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users