Photo

Pixel2life Hosting is now LIVE! Let your site be part of the P2L Network!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

Good morning everyone! It is my extreme pleasure and pride to announce that after years of requests from the P2L community, we have finally launched professional hosting services backed by the same people that keep the Pixel2life Studios network up and running for the last 7 years. I would like to introduce you to P2LHosting.com!

Posted Image

For the last 3 years or so, folks have been asking us and telling us that we should definitely look in to website hosting as a means of revenue to help fund this site and out other projects. In all honesty, I was against this venture from the start, my knee-jerk response being "are you out of your mind?!". My biggest concern was customer service. I didn't want to start a hosting company and build up a client list that I couldn't maintain or keep up with, then destroy my reputations as well as the reputation of the P2L organization. All too many companies start with the best of intentions, but crash and burn when the reality is that trouble does tend to happen at 3AM, not when you're bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 1PM.

So how did we resolve this? P2L has partnered with a professional server management company in order to provide you with 24 hour, 365 days a year technical support with full response time guarantees and unparalleled service to all of our clients. Our datacenter is located in the Infomart telecom hotel, a private, Tier III, N+1 facility near downtown Dallas and has a capacity for over 40,000 servers!

WEB HOSTING

P2L Hosting is offering 4 hosting packages suitable for new webmasters to seasoned veterans that need some serious resources to keep their sites running at optimum levels. With our Light, Medium, Heavy and Heavy Plus plans, we can accommodate any sized website. All accounts include cPanel management and Heavy/Heavy Plus include FREE domain registration for the life of your account! You can check out all our plans at http://www.p2lhosting.com/plans

DEDICATED SERVERS

Need some serious dedicated horsepower? We also offer dedicated servers on a case-by-case basis. Our dedicated server plans are customized to each client and are not sold directly from our site interface. We will work with you to choose the appropriate hardware based on your needs (We offer dozens of hardware configurations in Opteron and Xeon flavors with single, dual and quad core processors) and decide on the management requirements of your machine.

OTHER SERVICES

P2L Hosting is also proud to offer server management and CMS upgrade management services. If you own or plan to own a dedicated server running WHM/cPanel but you're not sure how to secure it, optimize it, maintain it and/or what to do if you run in to technical problems, we can help! Whether you purchase your server with us or not, we can provide you monthly server management for what most sysadmins would charge for an hour of labor!

Can't stand keeping track of and installing updates to your CMS software? Forums, Blogs and website CMS software all require updates to remain secure and optimized and sometimes this can be confusing, frustrating or simply ignored until you run in to serious problems. For pennies a day, you can have P2L keep track of your software and we'll update it as soon as updates and patches are released!

Check out all the details on our services at http://www.p2lhosting.com/services

P2L Hosting also includes a fully automated client portal, allowing our clients to submit support tickets, view our knowledge database, upgrade accounts and view your billing options and much more! We will also be introducing new incentives for our hosting customers, such as free premium P2L accounts, swag and prizes and surprise free month's worth of service at random! And because P2L is a community oriented network, you'll find updates and news about our hosting offers and contests throughout our social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook and here on our forums.

Join the P2L network and host your website with P2LHosting.com for safe, secure and fast service and see the difference solid customer service can make.

Thanks!
Dan

#2 Mooey

Mooey

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:http://500px.com/mikeholman
    http://holmanmedia.net

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

Bought mine today and very happy, cant wait to start work on my new site.

Cheers

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

Thanks so much for the purchase Mooey, really appreciate it! You were our first client to sign up with the live site :)

#4 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

Oh how sweet is this. I have to wait until the middle of November when I get paid next and Im switching. All the packages are so worth it.

Best Regards,

Jason :)

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

Thanks Jason!

#6 Mooey

Mooey

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:http://500px.com/mikeholman
    http://holmanmedia.net

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

I cant recommend Pixel2life hosting enough, great communication, fast and reliable, effortless, well done guys.

#7 Spide®™

Spide®™

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

Great looking plans Dan, i will be thinking about this, but would it hinder me in anyway with been from UK England?
Also do you pay Annually or can you pay Monthly too?

#8 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Web Design : Coding : Animation

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

Great looking plans Dan, i will be thinking about this, but would it hinder me in anyway with been from UK England?
Also do you pay Annually or can you pay Monthly too?

Distance from the datacenter will always affect your speed but the latency is actually quite low between UK and North America. Websites hosted in the UK load just as fast from here, so it should work just fine from your side as well.

Hosting plans can be paid annually or monthly. There's a discount when you pay annually though.

#9 Spide®™

Spide®™

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

Distance from the datacenter will always affect your speed but the latency is actually quite low between UK and North America. Websites hosted in the UK load just as fast from here, so it should work just fine from your side as well.

Hosting plans can be paid annually or monthly. There's a discount when you pay annually though.

Thanks NG just what i needed to know, when i'm ready this will be the one i go with, i should have thought really if P2L as been hosted by these guys for the past 7 years, it's always been fast for me.
Paying monthly is a big plus for me also :).

Thanks again.

#10 Spide®™

Spide®™

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

Just to clarify spider, I am in the UK and for the many years of using Pixel2Life and sites on the same datacenter, they all load fast for me.

:)

Thankyou Adamm mate, it's a done deal for me now in the next cupple of weeks or so, i will be going with P2L Hosting.

#11 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

Just to clarify spider, I am in the UK and for the many years of using Pixel2Life and sites on the same datacenter, they all load fast for me.

:)

Thankyou Adamm mate, it's a done deal for me now in the next cupple of weeks or so, i will be going with P2L Hosting.

Thanks Spider, look forward to having you as a client!

Dan

#12 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

Okay, this may have just brought me back into the P2L World again!

My Eleven2 hosting runs out middle of september next year, boo! However, when that happens, I'm definitely signing up for P2L Heavy Plus! It's cheaper and slightly bigger than my current package. Also, I'll be doing P2L A favor! :)

Great stuff Dan. Can we get P2L Back to how it was about 4 years ago now please? :D

All the best!

N4Z!!!! What's up man, nice to see you back! Hahah sounds good, we'll see you in a year I guess on the hosting lol! As for getting P2L back to major forum postage glory, I'm damn sure going to try ;) Hope you'll be part of it!

#13 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

Thanks Dan. That was setup really quickly. Now I'm in the process of uploading all my stuff and then I will change my nameservers to point this way. I sure like having this kind of setup again. :) It's a pain when you have to change to something your not used to using. Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Edited by Canen Art, 06 November 2010 - 11:48 PM.

#14 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

Thanks so much for signing up Jason, really appreciate it! Let me know if you run in to any problems :)

Dan

#15 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

I'll be signing up in 2 weeks. Just going to get everything ready for porting to your serves. Can't wait!

#16 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

Thanks so much for signing up Jason, really appreciate it! Let me know if you run in to any problems :)

Dan

Everything has been great. Forgot how time consuming it is to upload everything. :doh: Almost done. :)

Best Regards,

#17 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'll be signing up in 2 weeks. Just going to get everything ready for porting to your serves. Can't wait!

Very cool SebLev, look forward to having you as a client :)

Dan

Dan

Everything has been great. Forgot how time consuming it is to upload everything. :doh: Almost done. :)

Best Regards,

Backup from cPanel to remote FTP if it's available for you from your other account... way faster than downloading to your PC everything manually then re-uploading to the P2L server :)

#18 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • Interests:Web Development

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Dan

Best Regards,

Backup from cPanel to remote FTP if it's available for you from your other account... way faster than downloading to your PC everything manually then re-uploading to the P2L server :)

That's what i love about the server i have. With root access over SSH, whenever i had to move a client from the "development" area of our server to the live version i would just SSH in, CP, and done. No having to re-upload Wordpress :angrylooking: I also recently had to do a large backup of some files, so instead of downloading each individually, i just SSH'd in and gzipped them into one not-as-big download :D

Of course, if i ever have to make a move back to shared hosting i doubt i would actually look around for a good host. I'd just jump on with P2L :)

Edited by rc69, 08 November 2010 - 11:20 AM.

#19 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

Dan

Best Regards,

That's what i love about the server i have. With root access over SSH, whenever i had to move a client from the "development" area of our server to the live version i would just SSH in, CP, and done. No having to re-upload Wordpress :angrylooking: I also recently had to do a large backup of some files, so instead of downloading each individually, i just SSH'd in and gzipped them into one not-as-big download :D

Of course, if i ever have to make a move back to shared hosting i doubt i would actually look around for a good host. I'd just jump on with P2L :)

Yeah SSH makes it very easy, but you can do all that with cPanel now as well. So pretty much any of users can create full backups of their accounts and transfer them remote to an FTP. Re-Uploading certainly does suck lol!

Dan

#20 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

Dan

Best Regards,

The host I was on didn't have cpanel access. It was so hard for me to set up anything. As far as backing up stuff I didn't have to worry about that. I always keep everything on my computer too. It just takes time to upload everything. I cant just copy and paste it all and walk away. It always times out over time. Then it takes longer to figure out what uploaded and what didn't. Anyways, every thing is up and running. I plan on staying here.

Thanks again.

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users