• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TOreDEFINE

TOreDEFINE

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Motion Graphics, DVD Authoring, Philosophy, Religion [theory, not practice], Movies.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

Okay, I'm trying to learn Cinema 4D. I've been using After Effects for many years, so I wanted to try my hand in an actual 3D program. Here is my first attempt at Cinema 4D. By the way, I work as an Assistant Producer for a government cable station, so that's why it says "Livonia Television," it's for Livonia, Michigan.

Attached File  KGnet_Test_0001.jpg   248.12KB   13 downloads

Attached File  LTV_3D_Test.jpg   108.25KB   16 downloads

Here's the second round of learning:

Attached File  blueandyellow_half_size_test2.jpg   80.29KB   2 downloads

Edited by TOreDEFINE, 05 February 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#2 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:26 AM

The first image looks pretty cool, second one looks slightly off or unfinished? I dont know what your plan was on that one. But overall for a first attempt i would give em both 8/!0 when I first tried a few years back I gave up, lol

#3 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

I'll have to go with esperanton that one. I like how the first one turned out but there is something odd with the second. What happen to the first word? There is like a line at the bottom, was this on purpose or just a reflection mishap?

#4 TOreDEFINE

TOreDEFINE

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Motion Graphics, DVD Authoring, Philosophy, Religion [theory, not practice], Movies.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys. For the one that says "Livonia Television," the face of "Livonia" was definitely a reflection issue. That piece was more of a focus on the environment and the lights, than it was on the object. It's an easy fix to correct it. I'm just messing around in the program for now. I feel like I shouldn't have even posted it up, haha.

#5 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

Lol, I reckon its good you posted it up as the comments will make you more aware of what to avoid in the future. :-)

#6 TOreDEFINE

TOreDEFINE

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Lol, I reckon its good you posted it up as the comments will make you more aware of what to avoid in the future. :-)

Oh for sure. By the way, I've always loved your work. Your renders blow me away.

#7 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Ah, cool nice one cheers. Need to work on more soon

#8 TOreDEFINE

TOreDEFINE

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:35 AM

Okay, I updated the first post with a couple more samples of exploring in Cinema 4D. I gotta say, this is addicting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users