Photo

Pixel2life is hiring! Web developer needed for PHP/MySQL dev and front end coding.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

Pixel2life has a HUGE list of things on the to do list, and I am looking to get back in to freelance design so we are in need of a programmer to start immediately on P2L itself and related projects.

Posted Image

You must be able to do the following:

- Slice PSD/PNG images in to W3C compliant layouts using DIV/CSS methodology, NOT tables. I should be able to hand you a complete layout mockup in a single images and you can code the layout.

- Handle advanced css and javascript implementation. P2L is a huge site and requires a solid knowledge of CSS and JS.

- Code in a PHP 5 environment with large MySQL databases.

- Have a working knowledge of jQuery/MooTools. P2L uses Mootools however both are fairly similar and we have no objections to using jQuery as well.

- You need to know MVC programming... P2L has a really loose MVC implementation, but its still built on that concept.

- The word "impossible" is nowhere to be found in your vocabulary.

- While not necessary, bonus points if you have some SEO skills.

You should also be able to work autonomously and be organized enough to work solid billable hours. We are looking for an hourly based arrangement however you need to be able to work real hours for us without any supervision. This is really important because we have a very limited budget so we can't afford to pay for wasted hours.

It is also VERY important that you HAVE THE AVAILABLE HOURS. Please do not apply if you do not have the time to commit at least 10 to 15 billable hours a week to P2L related work. We have attempted to hire programmers in the past and almost ALL were able to do any work because they didn't have time for us. So please do not apply unless you are 100% certain that you can commit work hours to P2L on an ongoing basis.

Payments would be via PayPal.

If this sounds like a position you would like to apply for, please submit your CV/Resume, your expected hourly rate and a portfolio of sites you've designed. Please note that you must have at least 2 live websites in your portfolio that I can access. You can submit everything or send any questions you may have to [email protected] or send them via PM. We are looking to fill this position immediately.

Thanks!
Dan

#2 Mooey

Mooey

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:http://500px.com/mikeholman
    http://holmanmedia.net

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Good luck people. If P2L needs to hire somebody to make tea and coffee let me know, CV is in the post.

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

LOL well maybe once the programmer iss onboard we'll look in to a waterboy position :)

#4 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • Interests:Web Development

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Typo:

We have attempted to hire programmers in the past and almost ALL were able to do any work because they didn't have time for us

If this was posted two years ago, i would have considered it. However, now i am too busy with school/work to be able to dedicate the 10-15 hrs :(

Edited by rc69, 27 January 2011 - 11:36 AM.

#5 borikenmedia

borikenmedia

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Updating resume! Tomorrow its in your PM, Faken

#6 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Updating resume! Tomorrow its in your PM, Faken

Awesome thanks!

Dan

#7 borikenmedia

borikenmedia

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Faken, i sent the resume to [email protected] directly, i try sending it to you by PM but have to copy paste it, didn't have how to attach it

Edited by borikenmedia, 28 January 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#8 derek.sullivan

derek.sullivan

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:preaching, programming, music, friends, outdoors, moves, books

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

Faken, I program php and mysql that's about it lol. I'm able to do css and front end stuff, but don't have the right tools or training for it...

#9 Neil

Neil

Past Staff Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

Resume sent :)

#10 Refiner

Refiner

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:55 AM

I have the strong PHP/MySQL and W3C compliant DIV/CSS background, and I have worked with PSD/PNGs for designing websites. But I do not have the JQuery/Mootools or MVC experience you need. :mellow:

#11 AppleJacks

AppleJacks

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

I've sent you an email with my resume and hourly rate attached. I believe I have all the skills you'll need. I have 3 years of experience in professional website development. PSD to XHTML / CSS, Wordpress development, PHP, Javascript with popular libraries such as Jquery, Wordpress plugin and widget development, and database maintenance and mysql experience. Hope to hear from you soon!

#12 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for all the resumes guys! Going over them this week so I'll be in touch with some of you shortly!

Dan

#13 GopAboffsoasp

GopAboffsoasp

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

thanks!!!

#14 borikenmedia

borikenmedia

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

Faken im updating the curriculum im sending it to you by pm. I like pixel2life a lot :)

Edited by borikenmedia, 14 March 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#15 Jynxis

Jynxis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

Hmm, If it wasn't for the fact that i just applied to go back to school for this exact same thing. I would be applying.

Then again, i have to maintain 4 separate projects all by my lonesome.

Edited by Jynxis, 31 March 2011 - 02:32 AM.

#16 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

Wow, it seems like a lot of people are in need of someone with these skills.

I guess I'm just lucky enough to have them.

Not necessarily due to lack of skills... just lack of time ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users