Photo

Can someone help me to make this logo ? Once Upon A Time (ABC serie)

Art serie tuto creation

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gagaparis

gagaparis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hello,
I am desperate... I'd like to make this logo but I just don't manage to do it.
Can someone help me ? Please. I just would someone to explain me how to make the text effect. :)
The font for "once" is neutraface, and for "upon a time" it is Nanum Myeongjo (bold).

If It is also possible (but that is optional), do you know how to make the same background or this kind of dark background... But in another place : mountains, lake... Or to make the forest ?

Please help me.

G.

Attached File  image.jpg   65.99KB   3 downloads

#2 DoC

DoC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Seems like a simple enough bg :D

You can get some tree brushes Here

And Here are some brushes that will help make the fog and grass.

This is how i would go about doing the bg.

Start with a solid bottom layer of blue.

Create a solid black ground equaling roughly 1/3 of the bottom part of the image. Make sure the horizon isn't a straight line and looks somewhat like a silhouette of a ground

Brush some trees different sizes. (Put them on seperate layers depending on how large they are and group trees that are the same size on the same layer)

Put most of the trees below the horizon, with maybe a few trees coming out of the tip of the horizon. Trees further back should be closer to the color of the solid blue background, while trees closer should hold more of a black color.

You can then use the fog brushes to brush along the base of the trees to blend. Also use the fog brushes to brush in between the foremost trees and the back trees.

Only slightly brush in front of the foremost trees with blue to make the fog look more realistic. Use the fog brush to also create a top layer for the black fog effect around the entire image You can change the opacitiy and layer style to achieve desired effects.

-------------------------

Font effects.

The font seems simple too.

Looks like it has a gradient overlay of a soft white and light grey from top left to bottom right.

It also seems it has a nice 1px bevel and emboss has been added to make it pop out.

Im working on some images to post if you have no idea what im trying to say ill post them in a min

• gagaparis likes this

#3 gagaparis

gagaparis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Oh thank you. :) if you search on google, on the High resolution picture, there are some details on the logo. That I think cannot be seen on the picture I posted.

And yes, if you can post some pictures that would help me a lot.

#4 DoC

DoC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hmm this is my quick interpitation of how its made, the trees and brushes i gave you were horrible though :( i would suggest picking better trees and fog brushes

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.jpg   101.47KB   2 downloads

#5 DoC

DoC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Alright you should just ignore my post except for the info i gave about the text effects.

You should start from something that looks like the attached images.

Add your trees where needed. And use a fog brush to blend the trees,ground, and edges together.

Remember where the light is coming from though. The center of the image.  You want to brush lighter towards the center, and darker towards the edges.

Brushing between two layers of the trees on an empty layer will help blend aswell.

Attached Files

Edited by DoC, 18 May 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#6 gagaparis

gagaparis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Mmmm i'll try tomorrow for the text effect (I'm in France) and the background
The most important for now is the logo which has to be... The same. I really hope it will work.
Thank you.
If you zoom on the logo you will see lines on the middle of the letters. And other strange details... This is very important.
Thank you
I will tell you if it works.

#7 gagaparis

gagaparis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hello, I tried to do what you told me. And i just don't manage to make it, i have to make the same thing, but i am going to think that it is impossible. 

#8 DoC

DoC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hey i took a look at the larger image, and you can see so many more little details added in. Sorry my attempt to help was a fail :( I would suggest doing a photomanipulation with a stock photo of a forest to achieve a similiar effect.

Here is a nice tutorial on how to take a very bright forest and turn in into the most mysterious and dark forest aswell as add some effects and creepy lighting into it.

#9 gagaparis

gagaparis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

That's ok :) you tried to help me and that was very nice. Thanks for the tutorial, that will help me after.
But for now the most important is the logo.

#10 DoC

DoC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Yourwelcome gagaparis. I can give you some tips as to what some of the effects on the text may be, but im not sure exactly what effect they used to create it

#11 Acissubcopout

Acissubcopout

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Are you sure this is true? Hello btw. i am new here :)

#12 Acissubcopout

Acissubcopout

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hello there! This blog post couldn't be written any better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I am going to forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a great read. Many thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users